8 Gigabyte iPod Touch Questions

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by iphonewannabe, Dec 16, 2007.

1. iphonewannabe

iphonewannabe New Member

Hello iPod Touch Fans!

I am new to this community. Like a lot of you, I am going to recieve my (8 gig) touch for Christmas.

I don't have a hefty iTunes library but I just wanted to know if installing apps will take up 1 gig or more of space. Also, I ordered it in November, so will it have 1.1.1 to jail break it?

I plan when I get it to sync, and go to jailbreakme.com and install appsnap. If I do this, can i restore it in a pinch if It gets screwed up? Also, if I install a new firmware on a jailbreak iPod touch what will happen?

I don't like to take risks with 350 dollar ipods...

sorry for the ramble but i ad a few questions.
  2. spoonforknife

spoonforknife Retired Moderator

Not a gig. You can restore. New Firmware - You can restore too. Welcome to the boards and good luck!
  3. iphonewannabe

iphonewannabe New Member

Ok Cool. So that's the first thing I'm gonna do to my touch (besides touch it). Also is it legal to put the iPhone apps on your touch?
  4. Evalocity7

Evalocity7 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Well if you send in your iPod Touch to apple to get it repaired for some reason or any other reason I think they might charge you to restore it because of the iPhone applications...But in order to have the iPhone apps you'd have to have a jailbroken iPod Touch...Which would be pretty stupid to send into Apple in the first place. So if you are sending in your device to Apple, just do a restore through iTunes and everything will be back to normal and they wouldn't be able to tell a difference.
  5. iphonewannabe

iphonewannabe New Member

Ok. Thanks for everyones help!
  6. Timothy Ratner

Timothy Ratner New Member

Now I'm nervous. I too am getting a Touch for Christmas. But I don't know if my parents got it yet. So if I want to jailbreak, how will I know it's on 1.1.1. Is it on 1.1.2. after November? I don't understand.
  7. Ryuukumori

Ryuukumori New Member

No need to worry!

When you sync to iTunes, it'll tell you what firmware you're on. If bought already within the last month, it's got 1.1.2. That means you can downgrade to 1.1.1 and jailbreak from there and stay at 1.1.1 or also install oktoprep to upgrade to 1.1.2 while you're on 1.1.1 jailbroken. Search the iPod Touch Mods forums for further assistance.
  8. Evalocity7

Evalocity7 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Yeah and the iPod Touch Jailbreak section. Also you can check the firmware directly on your iPod Touch by going to Settings > General > About and it will display your version (firmware) in there. I got my iPod Touch from a online site so they might've had it in stock for a while, but I bought mine in the beginning of November and it was firmware 1.1.1.
  9. yetanothername

yetanothername New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    At the rate the iTouches are selling at, it is very unlikely that they were instock for very long.

If you have 1.1.2, all you need to do is a simple downgrade to 1.1.1 then go to jailbreakme.com

If you need to send it back to apple, then restore it.

And the apps only take up several megabytes at the most apeice.