8 GB or 16 GB??

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by cuartango, Sep 9, 2008.

1. cuartango

cuartango New Member

Hello! I'm going to buy the new Ipod Touch, but I don't know how many gigabytes I will need. I usually listen to more or les 5 GBytes of Music, but I don't know how much space I will need for the apps (for example 5 or 6 new games and 10 normal apps)

Thanks!! Saludos desde España!
  2. Baker5

Baker5 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (White)
    get the 16gb for only 70 dollars more
  3. Nawaaz91

Nawaaz91 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    16!

I was deadset on gettin the 8gb,,since I didnt have that much music, but I figure only 70 bucks more i get 8gb more (as opposed to the first $220 for the first 8gb) so it's worth it.

16gb is a good investment...and ill stick a lot more stuff like the Boondocks seasons or South Park and watch it with the tricked out speakers that we cant even see.
  4. cuartango

cuartango New Member

8 or 16??

Ok! thank you all!! Tomorrow I will buy the 16 GB version. But is a little crap, here in Spain we have €, stronger than the dollar, but the 16 GB costs 269 € (380 dollars), but It's worth it!!! Gracias, really nice forums!!
  5. Evanmav

Evanmav New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    hmmm well you will deff be cutting it close if u get a 8gb, because first it only has like 7.4 on it because of software. so u wouldbe left with around 2.4 gb for applicatoins. right now i have like 35 apps and like 12 are games like smb and asphalt and that doesnt even take up half a gig. So idk its ur chhoice, i would go for the 8gb because its cheaper and i bet you wont run out of room. Plus if you do get the 16 which is a good deal at 299 you will most likely never get over like 10 gb unless u start to put vids on it
  6. cuartango

cuartango New Member

8 or 16?

Ok! Thank you for the info about the apps, thats really useful!
  7. Lienutus

Lienutus Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    well i would go with 16gb (you probably already made your mind up) but here are my reasons:
    You will put more stuff on your ipod after your 5gb of music. possibly even more music
    well.....thats pretty much it. That should be good enough reason
    apps only take up little space. I have 3 pages of them and its a little under 1gb.
  8. Nawaaz91

Nawaaz91 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    if its $380 dont bother...i was looking from a US perspective

I guess 16gb is only good for the UK and US in terms of price...Apple just sh*ts on the other countries when it comes to pricing.