73 Percent of iPhone Users are "Very Satisfied" With AT&T

Discussion in 'Front page news archive' started by News Bot, Jul 24, 2010.

1. News Bot

News Bot iFans.com News

2. deadlyvirus

deadlyvirus New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    And 94% of the 73% put their shoes on the wrong feet this morning.
  3. _JKK_

_JKK_ Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    That's great.

Either way, Verizon is a better network, overall. Why? It's had three more years to build out its 3G infrastructure (2003 compared to AT&T's 2006).

But with LTE, hopefully they'll both start around the same time. Also a juicy tidbit, LTE will penetrate buildings better than 3G, due to the bandwidth.

Edit: I'm not trying to be patronizing; it's good those of you on AT&T are satisfied.

Please Register or Log in to view images

4. TREYisRAD

TREYisRAD Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I hope Sprint switches to LTE. They want to, but the other networks aren't playing nice :/
  5. _JKK_

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    Yeah, WiMax is basically just WiFi, right? Anyways, it seems like Sprint (unless they stick with 4G) and T-Mobile haven't gotten their '4G' plans in place yet.
  6. RandomEskimo

RandomEskimo Active Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    Lol 'dumbphones'.
  7. TREYisRAD

TREYisRAD Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Well as far as I understand it, WiMax is almost identical to LTE, except for some minor changes. But, those minor changes mean that if Sprint is the only one using WiMax (Which they are) then it will be hard for them to expand their 4g network. (Since the more numerous LTE carriers can essentially use the same towers, while sprint will be straggling to convince clearwire to adapt them to use WiMax)

*This could all be completely wrong, I'm just going from what I remember.
  8. _JKK_

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    Ah, OK. I listen to the cell phone junkie some, so that's where I was coming from; at least on the LTE info. I don't know much about WiMax, either.

The thing that makes me question this is that (1.) it doesn't say how big the sample group was, and (2.) where they were located. I may just be overthinking (ok, I probably am) but it says in the source link New York, New York, where AT&T has just finished some pretty extensive upgrades. I may be a cynic, though.

Please Register or Log in to view images

9. Snowballwarrior

Snowballwarrior Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    It seems to me that on their website they are very reliable with their tests. (http://www.yankeegroup.com/home.do) I think that this group/company or whatever they are provide different tests with data about all types of different networking. They also operate in many different countries but I couldn't find this topic on their website. If you can find this on their please post a link.
  10. exit1010

exit1010 Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Cool stuff. At&T finally got some good news. But Verizon is still better Network wise. Don't buy the iDevice without the Red.

If Red have LTE what does Blue have?