71% of planned App Store applications may be free

Discussion in 'WWDC 2008 discussions' started by AlexRADL, Jun 11, 2008.

1. AlexRADL

AlexRADL Retired Moderator

This one is for all the 1337 jailbreakers (or "hackers" as they like to call themselves. Because, you know, using an application to jailbreak an iPod is definitely "hacking". Anyway, let's move on) out there.

A recent survey taken at WWDC reveals that the average cots of an application will be below $3.00. The survey also showed that 71% of the applications offered in the App Store will be free. Yes, that's right, free.

Do you know how many threads I have sort through that contain elitist (or elitisd...sorry, only Teslanaut will get that) comments made by "hackers" complaining about the App Store and how they have to "pay" for applications. I know it may be a hard concept to grasp (in other words, you might want to sit down for this one), but some people actually pay for things offered on the interent. I know everyone's minds have collectively imploded after that statement, so take a minute to let that sink in while I go get a sandwich.

Ok, I'm back (yummy yummy sandwich). So, guess what "hackers"? You will not have to pay for 70% of the applications offered in the App Store! Meaning, most of the applictions you download will be free. Ok, I think I'm done here. You may now return to your "Steve jobs is a homosexual" and "Jailbreaking 4 life" threads.

In other words, stop your b*tching. And remember, only you can prevent forest fires.

[ Apple Insider ]

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. ThatOneKid

ThatOneKid New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    Good info Alex
    Thanks
  3. Wooo! Thats awesome. Save people lots of whinning and b*tching about apps costing money.
  4. Chucky102

Chucky102 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Really great news, still I don't mind paying.
  5. Sickly_slick

Sickly_slick New Member

what in the world is steve doing???
  6. donkeychill

donkeychill Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    Jailbreaking is still better! we get to brag and have an appstore AT THE SAME TIME
  7. AlexRADL

AlexRADL Retired Moderator

Did you even read the whole post?
  8. No kidding i was just about to say the same thing.
  9. erinerupt07

erinerupt07 Banned

Wow. Pretty amazing. Good stuff. Free apps. Now I can officially goto App store without regretting not staying with jailbreak.
  10. Teslanaut

Teslanaut Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    What is the use of having both if the AppStore is the one providing the better quality Content?

Tell me what Installer has to offer. The only ONE Emulator that is functioning right now is NES.app. Everything else isn't working. And by the way, how many Developers do you know of that know Objective-C and are developing for Installer? I can only think of SkylarEC and MAYBE GoJohnnyBoi (If he moves on to 2.0).

And if you say ANYTHING about Jiggy/Java, I hope you never come to 2.0 because those little Widgets (NOT APPS) are pretty much USELESS.