71% of Apps Free...Lie?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X' started by Numb, Jul 10, 2008.

1. Numb

Numb Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Remember how everyone was saying "AppStore is going to be awesome, 71% of applications are going to be free! Can't wait!", well I was saying that to. But today, looking at the AppStore, I am very happy with all the applications that are out. But the apps free are not half as good as the $$ ones. I am not complaining, I really like the fact that the people out there who work hard to bring us Band, Sketches, etc. are getting paid for it, but I am just mad at the 71% statement =(.

Comments? How do you like the AppStore? I can't really update till iPhone is unlocked.
  2. Teslanaut

Teslanaut Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Guess you don't read yah? It was a survey of several developers. And 71% of them said that they would do Free Applications.

And I checked, there are about 136 Free Applications. That still ain't bad.
  3. mikec1985

mikec1985 Active Member

Device:
    iPad
    Thats because not all the apps are in the app store as of right now. When 2.0 is released to the whole world then all the apps will be in there, for now they are not
  4. Numb

Numb Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Oh okay =). Lol now I feel like an idiot, but its k =P. Still excited for it.
  5. bindle

bindle Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    people took that 71% statistic out of proportion. the number was drawn from just a handful of developers who were surveyed at WWDC asking what they'd likely charge. and since many developers would no doubt release more than 1 app, they were probably just suggesting that they'd release some free apps as well as paid apps. in no way was that going to be an accurate figure representing what the majority would be doing. that said, there are a lot more free apps than i thought there would be. it's still good.
  6. Heather1

Heather1 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch

Yeah, it's better be that way. : ]

So what ppl said about 71% free applications was wrong ?!

It's actually 71% developers ?!! : [
  7. fishscene

fishscene New Member

Steve Jobs announced that 25% of the 500 initial applications will be free.