7.7 iTunes Error-Vista} AppleMobileDeviceHelper Has Stopped Working

Discussion in 'iTunes' started by x6blues, Jul 10, 2008.

1. x6blues

x6blues New Member

I have tried with no avail to have the latest iTunes on my computer fully functional.

After Install, I will run iTunes and then it will give me that god forsaken error every 10 seconds.

My "fun"
    -Uninstalled everything published by Apple and reinstalled 6 times
    (iTunes via Setup and Control Panel. The Rest were Control Panel as well)
    -Downloaded iTunes 6 and then attempted to update
    -Downloaded setup once more
    -Deleting AppleMobileDevice via Control Panel.
    (This will end the error but it is necessary for the iPod Touch/iPhone to sync thus it's not practical in any sense.)
    -I always receive this error.
    "iTunes was unable to load Data Class Information from Sync Services.
    Reconnect and try again later."

Error Report info
    Any ideas?
    It seems to be an overall Vista Compatibility issue, so it may just rest on Apple's update/fix.

OS
    Vista Home Premium
  2. daisydukes45

daisydukes45 New Member

try uninstalling the apple mobile device support in your under uninstall a program in prgrams under control panel. after that there was no crazy pop up and i didn't have to reinstall itunes.. i was almost very close to almost doing so until i went searching for this solution and found this. hope this works for you!
  3. Carnage

Carnage Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    It worked for me and I have vista home premium.
  4. dualcorex

dualcorex New Member

Ok try this. Uninstall all apple applications. ie quicktime, safari, itunes. After you do that restart your computer. Then make sure that all of the folders relating to those programs are deleted. They will be in C:/program files. Then restart your computer.
    Then redownload itunes and reinstall it. See if that works. If not i dont know. call up apple support.
  5. Totally 1337

Totally 1337 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
  6. x6blues

x6blues New Member

I also tried that, but as I stated in the original thread lol, that it'll then make it impossible to sync the iPod
    (The computer will see it as a camera or unknown device)

Thanks for the input though.
    It seems to be spread out. Searching through other forums and Apple Support, many seem to be having this problem as well, but I'll try it a bit later.

I have had another issue with the SDK apps I bought disappearing so I'll try it later if their advice does not work.

Thanks for your input as well lol

Trust me, I've been at it for days lol.

Thanks for everyone's input. It is much appreciated

Please Register or Log in to view images

Hopefully Apple Support can help me out.
  7. LRW

LRW New Member

Same problem

I have the exact same problem, have un installed and reinstalled and started and restarted and over and over and still the same. My regular Ipod syncs fine but my first generation iphone does not. I have lost everything on it. The Iphone page does not come up in iTunes,,,
    I know it is not the Ipod touch but it is the same problem.
  8. x6blues

x6blues New Member

Apple support is still "helping" me with my missing AppStore apps (all paid for)

I need to file a separate report as well for this, apparently the person cannot help me (Purchases dept) so I'll see if he can forward my report so I can get a faster response.
  9. uratargetmarket

uratargetmarket New Member

I've said in another thread but just to point out, this ain't a Vista thing. I run XP still and I'm having exact same problem
  10. LRW

LRW New Member

I was on the phone with Tech support both friday and Saturday and I have an appointment with Apple tomorrow. He seemd to conclude that it is a problem with the way the new 2.0 was installed and since I cant connect to itunes he thinks they can restore the unit at the store. Does not seem to be connected to Windows at all. My regular Ipod connects just fine.
    Which other forums are discussing this problem?