64gb 3g A/V Cables

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by trsblader, Oct 27, 2009.

1. trsblader

trsblader Member

Just wondering what A/V cables (rca red, yellow, white) are compatible with 3rd gen touches. I'm looking to get some to hook my Touch up to my TV and planned on doing a 3.5mm headphone on one end, and rca on the other, but I've heard that not all of them work on the 3rd gen Touch. Can this be confirmed? I'm not opposed to using a 30pin connection, however I only want to use that if it has a built in "side cord" so that I can charge at the same time. Really don't want to spend 40 bucks on an Apple composite cord, but I will if I need to.

Gist of what I'm asking: list A/V cables compatible with the 3rd gen Touch so I can hook it up to my TV
  2. tmaxx445

tmaxx445 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    None of the ones that plug into the head phone jack are going to give you video. They dropped that feature on the 5g ipod video. You don't have much of an option at this point other than the apple brand ones.

tmaxx445
  3. Maxtcc

Maxtcc Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Ditto to tmaxx445:

I have tried several cable sets(all 30 pin) and none have worked to give video and stereo at same time. Most were for the 2g ipod Touch, as the 3g cables still do not seem to be out yet.
    Now I am going to wait for Apple to specifically state that their cable is ipod Touch 3G compatible before I get any others.
    On another note the belkin juice cable set up (2g) does work for us with the 3g iTouch.
  4. trsblader

trsblader Member

Good to know. I gave in and bought the Apple composite cables so that I could also charge at the same time.

I would like to say that the gigaware composite cables for ipod/iphone DO WORK. I don't know where you can get them other than Radioshack, but I work at Radioshack and tested them myself today on our T.V.'s in the store and they did in fact work, but they don't say 3g on them. They are only 40 bucks I think, but you can't charge your ipod at the same time.

This thread can also be marked as solved now, and thanks to those who responded
  5. tmaxx445

tmaxx445 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I can tell you for a fact that the apple branded AV cables that hook up to the 30 pin dock port work. I have a ipod touch 3rd gen and have the cables and they work fine. The apple branded AV cables that hook up to the headphone jack will only give you audio out and no video.

tmaxx445
  6. EBOBO

EBOBO New Member

trsblader: Gigaware is Radioshack's store-brand name.
  7. Jason28R

Jason28R New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    can anyone tell me what's in the apple branded cables, i have a set of after market cables, they dont work, is their a chip or something? How does the ipod know, its just wire conection in the pin plug after all? Has any one come up with fix........
  8. trsblader

trsblader Member

I know, I just meant I don't know if you can find them readily available on amazon or ebay or other bid sites, or if it's a rare find to not have to pay full price is all.

Jason28R: Don't hold me to this, but I believe the difference is in the connector itself (the 30 pin connector that plugs into the actual iPod). I think that's why some docs don't work with new iPods as well. That's just what I've overheard, and cannot say if it's 100% true or nt though.
  9. j70LAR_J3EAR

j70LAR_J3EAR New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    the 2g should work for the 3g