64 bit Vista Users

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by jdknauer113, Feb 3, 2009.

1. jdknauer113

jdknauer113 Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    This a warning to most vista 64 bit users. In my personal experience installing the libusb32 driver does not work even in compatibility mode and has rendered my computers usb ports disfunctional for a period of time. Also if anyone knows how long it will take for a similar version of the jailbreak to come out avaliable to 64 bit users, or if they have somehow gotten libusb32 to run on 64 bit vista then please share any wisdom avaliable.
  2. NumNum

NumNum New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    A period of time, AKA when it was installing? Don't be so impatient, wait until it's done and everything will work fine, you probably freaked out and tried to close everything.
  3. jdknauer113

jdknauer113 Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    it asked me to restart my computer. i know i have a small amount of post but i've been here for a while. Basically when my computer rebooted my mouse, keyboard, and any other devices plugged into a usb port wouldnt work so if you have any suggestions please help.
  4. superalan

superalan New Member

jdknauer113 that happened to me too. While trying to jailbreak I noticed I had to install a 32 bit driver on my 64 bit Vista so I created a restore point.

To fix the problem where my usb ports were broken I plugged in a PS/2 keyboard and navigated to system restore.

However, since you only have a limited amount of usb ports you could try to system restore. But if you can't system restore just uninstall the lilusb32 .
  5. jdknauer113

jdknauer113 Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    well how did you get libusb even to work. Because thats exactly what i did and it was fine but after two days of trying to libusb to work and going back to my most recent successful boot time and searching on google for answers i just realized it just didnt want to install or work for that matter.
  6. superalan

superalan New Member

7. jdknauer113

jdknauer113 Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Okay really need help tried what you said and now the system restore won't even work what's the default installation pathway and do you know the commands I would use to unistall it?
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    nevermind got my baby working again thanks to all who replied and helped on this thread