[64-bit] Assigning itms(s) to iTunes in Firefox/IE/Safari (Windows)

Discussion in 'iTunes' started by xeross, Nov 20, 2009.

1. xeross

xeross New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Hey,

I've recently bought an iPod Touch 3G 8gb, installation of iTunes went not really smooth but after a reinstall it was working. I plugged in my iPod and put some music on it, after that I decided to create an Apple ID, creation went smoothly but then I tried opening the activation link.

Firefox opened it and complained that it didn't know the itms(s) protocol.

Now I've already searched around a little and added the following to about:config

Code:
    network.protocol-handler.external.itmss;true
    network.protocol-handler.external.itms;true

However it still doesn't work, I've also tried safari but that also doesn't know any associations and IE (Yes I hate it) gives some kind of javascript errors. Now I was wondering what else I could do, I tried accessing the registry keys of the itmss and itms associations but I didn't have rights to access them or something (Tried in normal mode and safe mode with both my and the administrator account).

Specs:
    iTunes: 9.0.2.25 64-bit
    Firefox: 3.5.5
    IE: 8
    Safari: 4.0.3

Hope someone can help me out.

Thanks for your time, Xeross
  2. Tommm

Tommm Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Try clicking the activiation link on your iPod, I think it has supported making an iTunes account since 3.0.
  3. xeross

xeross New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Hmm, it's kind of long and I don't have email on my iPod, well I could try gMail.

Tried, got a this link can not be opened on your device error after clicking the activation link.