5a347 Apps don't work

Discussion in 'iTunes App Store Games & Apps' started by Remix, Jul 11, 2008.

1. Remix

Remix New Member

They just open and close...
  2. callum-m-r

callum-m-r New Member

Mine were doing that, rebooted and it's smooth as something really smooth.
  3. killerjak7

killerjak7 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    Do i need an itunes account?

i dont have one
  4. Remix

Remix New Member

I tried that too, 2.0 has a sh*tload of bugs
  5. incitatus

incitatus New Member

This is currently circulating

I just came across this. Thought it would be of interest.

iPhone 3G is shipping with build 5A345. 5A347 is a build that was never intended for a production environment, and certainly not for installation on the original iPhone! As I mentioned earlier, it was built to be installed on iPhone 3G development test units only (note, I did not say production units), and has not been tested or designed for the original iPhone.

Build 5A347 contains a significant amount of debug code and that is, in part, the reason for the slowdowns iPhone classic users are seeing. As also mentioned previously, when 32k of debug data is collected, the build is designed to dump the data to a location which no production iPhone supports, and hence you're seeing timeouts while the write process attempts to do its job.

As far as other slowdowns are concerned, any time iPhone 3G specific code attempts to execute (location, contacts, pictures, and web are the most prevalent) a timeout is going to occur, and this will be seen to the end user as a momentary freeze. As presented by others earlier, while the code base is the same between the original iPhone and iPhone 3G 2.0 software, 5A345 has code modules active which can detect which hardware it is running on (touch, iPhone original, iPhone 3G, etc.) and handle certain cases appropriately, given the hardware, and thereby prevent the momentary slowdowns that some users are seeing.

In plain English what I am saying:

- 5A345 does not have the slowdowns some users are seeing.

- Furthermore, 5A347, the build which many on here are now running was not designed for anything but iPhone 3G developmental units. That is to say, running it on the original iPhone is not a tested or intended platform.

- Slowdowns that users are seeing are caused specifically by running an incorrect version of the firmware on unsupported units.

I hope that this information helps clear up some lingering questions.
  6. Remix

Remix New Member

Wow that would be nice if I HAD AN IPHONE
  7. killerjak7

killerjak7 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    does that awnser my question

PM me the awnser to it
  8. Remix

Remix New Member

9. brisingr

brisingr New Member

search. you will find what you need (free account). You can also use almost every credit card in almost every country.
  10. Xploder270

Xploder270 New Member

I have an iTunes Account but all apps i download just close directly after opening them. Reboot and Restore didn't help.
    I'm on 5a347