5 questions about jailbreaking 3g ipod touch!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by soumya, Dec 7, 2009.

1. soumya

soumya Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    1) BlackRa1n is the only app that can jailbreak it right now if the firmware is 3.1.2?

2) What does a tethered jailbreak mean?

3) Can I restore the original firmware in the ipod once jailbroken so that the warranty remains intact?

4) What does cydia do and is it the best app in it's class?

5) Should I wait for greenpois0n?

Thanks

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. redfield

redfield New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I guess I'm a noob, but I'll try answering:

1) I guess blackra1n is the only jailbreak for 3.1.2 for Windows operating system. I don't know if there is a Pwn version for it as I don't have a Mac.

2) Means everytime you shut down your ipod you'll have to reboot it using the bootloader you have on your computer.

3) Yes.

4) Cydia is a repository for apps that are not in iPod's AppStore (maybe someone could help me with this answer)

5) I own an iPod Touch for about 1,5 month and I've never seen anything about this greenpois0n, although everyday I see there's much more about the iPod Touch to learn heheh

I hope I could help you. If anyone thinks my answers are incorrect or innacurate, please reply, you're doing soumya and me a favor

3. Cl8rs

Cl8rs Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Not a noob here:

1) Blackra1n can jailbreak 3.1, 3.1.1, 3.1.2

2) A tethered jailbreak means that if you turn off your iPod completely(hold power button and slide to power off), the only way to turn it back on is if you plug it into the computer and run blackra1n to boot it up normally.

3) Yes

4) Cydia is a package installer, you can install themes for your ipod. You can install tweaks(for example 5 icon dock instead of the 4). You can install apps that were allow you to: run an app in the background(backgrounder), browse you iPod/iPhone filesystem(iFile), lock apps with a passcode(Lockdown or mAdvlock). And other awesome stuff

5) Greenpoison(in my opinion) is not worth waiting for. It is also not untethered.

Just PM me if you have any questions or concerns. And Welcome to iPod touch Fans

4. _JKK_

_JKK_ Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    Cl8rs has basically rapped it all up.

Go ahead and do what he says; he's right.
  5. soumya

soumya Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Thanks guys for the help! I really appreciate it

6. Cl8rs

Cl8rs Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Your welcome

7. tonymdj

tonymdj New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Hi Cl8rs,

Im new to the itouch as i bought a 3g one for xmas for my daughter. I already did the "jailbreak" but when i realised that if you turn it off its a pain in the ......
    I then restored it back and said "to hell with it".

Out of curiosity, as Ive never used itouch, if you slide it to turn off on the screen, does this go into power saving mode, and if so how long will a fully charged unit work for say a little use every day?

I already found out if you power it off by holding down the power button and what happens, so wondering if what i just wrote is different in regards to charge, as im not going to get my 11 yr old to keep going to the PC to blackrain it every time.

I suppose the only solution is to wait and wait till a jailbreak becomes untethered.

Thanks for your advice in advance.