5 January Apps Lost after Restore ? Plz Help!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by acUra.ffx, Mar 28, 2008.

1. acUra.ffx

acUra.ffx New Member

Hey Guys ..

I just asked this Question in the german section .. but this guys there rlly couldnt help me ..

So i give it a new try right here ..

So my Situation is the following:

I want to Jailbreak my ipod 1.1.4 [unjailbroken] ( i bought it with 1.1.3 - so the january apps were alrdy on it ) -- with zipphone 2.6 .. but before i do that, i just have to know how to put my 5 january on my ipod touch again when i restore it ( when SDK will come out ) or the jailbreak just wouldnt work for me ..

The matter is that i just know that you can put your 5 apps on your ipod again when you BOUGHT them, coz there is a kinda "what u bought at itunes" list .. and some people told my i could find it there .. but i havent right?

So - I have a 1.1.4 Ipod touch and i haven't registred it and i dont have an iTunes Account or something - would this help ? Would this save the " with January pack " data which is displayed when i connect my ipod touch to itunes..?

Ah yeah .. i forgot, there is a "backup" .. but when i would have jailbroken my ipod .. and connect it to itunes once, the backup would be overwritten or ? Is there a possibilty for setting the "Backuping" off.. this would help me or ?

Plz help me

Please Register or Log in to view images

Thats the one and only thing that keep me from jailbreaking my ipod .. I just wanna make sure that what ever happens i get a restored 1.1.3 Ipod touch with january apps back working fine .. Is there someone who jailbroke his 1.1.3 ipod touch with 5 january apps and alrdy had to restore it some times ?

greez , acU .. Thanks
  2. xitz your fearx

xitz your fearx Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    i dont feel like reading your post but ill give a shot at it.
    so im guessing its not jailbroken. if you already bought the app pack, then you can just tell it to buy it again, you shouldnt be charged. but if you are jailbreaking, it will just install the pack for you, and if it doesnt, you can find them separately or in a bundle in installer
  3. Khaos

Khaos Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Well if you want the apps, there is a way to upload them through itunes (the ones you bought) but give me a minute to find it

Otherwise, in installer add the source ipodtouchmaster.com/files/repo.xml and install the 1.1.4 apps
  4. xitz your fearx

xitz your fearx Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    arent they in community sources though?
  5. Khaos

Khaos Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    ok on your computer go here

C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application Data\Apple Computer\iTunes\Mobile Applications

If not it might be here: C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application Data\Apple Computer\iTunes\iPod Software Updates

If it is then make a new folder in C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application Data\Apple Computer\iTunes

and call it Mobile Applications

Now copy the file named iPod touch App Pack 4A93.ipa into there (where ever you found it) now when you sync it should upload the apps, Jailbroken or not (doesn't matter if you are jailbroken, doesn't unjailbreak or system)

if your username for your computer is not owner then change it, you should see the firmware for the apps there
  6. Khaos

Khaos Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    It is but i never tried it and i know ipodtouchmasters source works so yeah...
  7. xitz your fearx

xitz your fearx Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    you may have to type that into your address bar, cause at least for me, it hides that
  8. acUra.ffx

acUra.ffx New Member

I couldnt find this folder : / .. i tried all the ways ..
    Anyway - i havent bought the apps ( as postes ) they alrdy WERE on the ipod .. could it help like register the ipod ? Did u ?
  9. Complexis

Complexis Retired Moderator

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    You don't need to back up anything. If your apps were already on the iPod Touch when you bought it, it is stored within the iPod itself. When you restore or jailbreak with Ziphone, the Apps with still be there. Any modification of your firmware or restoration will not affect them.
  10. cameleon1267

cameleon1267 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    it is a hidden folder so you need to change the setting of the explorer.