4 those who need one

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by The Crow, Mar 9, 2009.

1. The Crow

The Crow Banned

I just wanted to suggest 3 things that many probably want because charging iPods off the computer tower is not the best way. I can recommend 3 things, like the one I have is the GE Isymphony docking system with the charger that fits the new iPod touch and charges it fast also a Sylvania docking system that does the same and last the usb plug with the wall plug at the other end for wall charging. Many of you members out there with the iHome docking system , now know they don't work for the new iPod touch and that sucks and shame on Apple for that. So that is my 2cents worth, and just wanted to share that.

Cheers, The Crow
  2. Teslanaut

Teslanaut Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Whats wrong with charging off your computer?
  3. sjleworthy

sjleworthy New Member

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
    the best, easiest and most convenient charging method i use is a power plug straight into the wall.

and yes, i dont get 100% reliability from tower charging either.
  4. studangerous

studangerous Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I'll give you one cent, not a penny more. That's my last offer take it or leave it...

Incidentally, point in case, don't high-power USB sockets output max 500mA while the wall socket is 1000mA? So shouldn't a wall socket give a slightly faster charge (given that the initial fast-charge of the battery is at a state of high current draw?) I'm not sure about your other gizmos though... maybe some linky goodness to whatever gadgetry you are talking about would have helped the thread...

Tes, o lord on high, can you please impart your wisdom to us foolish lowly plebs? Any idea on this amperage issue?
  5. Teslanaut

Teslanaut Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    All I simply asked was what was wrong with charging off the Computer? I never noticed any problems with it. It charges just fine.
  6. The Crow

The Crow Banned

First off I already said the wall outlet is the best way to go or the docking system, and where ever you look online they say that charging off the computer tower does not give a full charge! So I don't know why your trying to argue, all I am doing is giving members info. that they can use in regards to the best way to charge their iPods. The wall outlet is the best and you can pick up the usb with wall plug on the end for $10-20 at Future Shop or these are the 2 confirmed docking stations that I know as of now are the GE Symphony and the Sylvania model. As far as I know from 3 sources they said they can not get the iHome to charge the iPod touch, so take from this what you will and I am not here to argue.
  7. wearmaize

wearmaize Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    IMO, the computer is the best way to charge. Using the numerical battery tweak, my iPod charges up to 100% pretty quickly, while a wall charger gets it up to 94 or 99% for at least an hour before it will reach 100%.
  8. jstlookinground

jstlookinground New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    I actually just noticed today that when I had my ipod hooked to my ihome it said it was fully charged, then I plugged it in my computer and it wasn't. Weird
  9. The Crow

The Crow Banned

What ever, to each their own and all they can do is read here and put their own opinions and read online the truth. I get it the other way around, where my dock charges mine faster and to full strength and the computer takes longer and is only at 97%. So you have used your iHome to charge your iPod touch, and it is a real iHome right? I just ask because my 2 nieces say their iHomes won't charge theirs, hope you can let me know (thanks).
  10. jamil_d

jamil_d Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    I always charge via the tower; haven't experienced any problems.