4 those who are having trouble with WiFi! Do this!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by iJuanjo, Dec 29, 2007.

1. iJuanjo

iJuanjo New Member

Hope this solves ur WiFi problems! I was, well I thought I was, having trouble with my WiFi connection, I was so pissed n almost exchanged my iPod 4 a new one, bt then I did this: I called my internet service provider, talked to a representative, and explained the issue. I let them do their thing and at the end they provided me with the name of my wireless or WiFi network and my WEP key. N thats it! So I went to setting in my iTouch n joined my network n for my password i entered the WEP key they provided, and it worked! Now I don't get that ugly "can't find server" pop-up and I have excellent signal. So, call ur internet provider, explain ur issue, and ask them to provide you with the name of your network and your WEP key. Hope this works. Post here if u have any questions and/or u were able to get into internet after doing this! Good luck!
  2. sn1p3r

sn1p3r New Member

I don't quite get this. Most people would set their own Network name and WEP key, therefore they would know the details and therefore be able to enter them and successfully connect to the internet. If people don't know their network name or WEP key then they should probably consult any documentation that came with their router or something. That would be the easiest option.
  3. simonrichards150

simonrichards150 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    fyi. This will only work if your router is set to the default factory settings...many people specify thier own unique SSID, and most people change the WEP key when they initially set up the router.

So you would really need to find out the settings from your router...
  4. DerekVOF

DerekVOF Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Probably because the wireless router was setup by his ISP... Some now offer that service for a fee...
  5. iJuanjo

iJuanjo New Member

Well, I thought my network was linksys coz thats the one I used to be able to connect to n use, bt with a crappy signal tho. Bt then I found out it wasn't. Oh and I also realized that my network was there all the time, n it was always the one showing the most signal. I had never used my wireless connection until now that ive got mi iTouch, so yeah, probably my router settings are still the default ones, n I really don't want to mess with it, I'm aight the way it is rite now. But yeah, anyone having trouble with WiFi should try and contact ur service provider, they'll tell you whts up.
  6. iJuanjo

iJuanjo New Member

jst movin it up 4 those who need help.
  7. raEEv3

raEEv3 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    Yeh dats what I did I called my internet service provider, and asked them to delete my password, since i didn't know the password, and now safari works.. if my connection gets laggy, i'll just ask them to lock a password onto it and tell me it

Please Register or Log in to view images

8. hoosier4974

hoosier4974 New Member

Not having a network password is a risky thing. It gives people access to your network as they can connect to it easily. Once connected to a router that has no protection (a password) I would think that they could also hack into your PC as well.

Just some food for thought.

I have my router (network) set up with WPA security. I simply set up my Ipod Touch with the appropriate password the first time it tries to connect and it will retain that information. The only problem I have with WIFI on my Touch is that it's not consistently stable. At times my connection strength will drop to the lowest level and will sometimes drop out completely. Very frustrating !!!
  9. spaided

spaided New Member

wep key

you should at a MINIMUM have your Wifi secured via WEP at least. People can get right onto your network and cause some serious havoc. Not to mention, STEAL your internet connection that YOU pay for.. Just a heads up!
  10. Axis

Axis Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    Wow, you really didn't need to go through all that trouble calling your ISP. Open up a browser window, type in the default router IP address and login to your router (usually admin, password)

Then you find out your SSID and WEP key if there is one.