4 Months on and still finding new features on the Touch.

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by KingCathcart, Feb 3, 2008.

1. KingCathcart

KingCathcart New Member

I recently bought a new car stereo with an auxiliary input so I could listen to my Touch on the move. This in itself was enough to put a big grin on my face but it was the discovery on another little feature of the Touch that remind me once again what a neat little device it is. After my drive I pulled the auxiliary cable from the headphone socket while music was still playing and found that the Touch had detected this and paused the music.

Its only a little thing and I'm sure everyone else has discovered this already (works with headphones too naturally) and has probably been a feature on iPod's for years (this is my first). Still after 4 months of ownership its nice to discover another well thought out feature on this qualitiy little device.
  2. Linux

Linux Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    It has forever been on iPods. It can be sometimes useful.
  3. JBB

JBB New Member

Device:
    iPhone
    Yeah, too bad it doesn't play again after putting them back in, it would be handy for pausing and playing when the iPod's in your pocket.
  4. justinjetplane

justinjetplane New Member

yeah, it's been on ipod's since I can remember..
    it is on my 1st generation ipod nano

Please Register or Log in to view images

5. Nick

Nick New Member

i like that feature, just incase my headphones get pop'd out.

i also found somthing else that i havent seen reported. in keyboard mode, if u hover over the ? u can get the option to change it to a ¿ and if u hold down ! u can get i (upsidedown exclaimation) has anyone else found that out?
  6. justinjetplane

justinjetplane New Member

yep! [10 character]
  7. Danls92

Danls92 Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
  8. GarnetNGold

GarnetNGold Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Since the Touch doesn't have an external play pause buttons, when I want to stop listening to music i just pull out the headphones.
  9. Aether

Aether New Member

Oh, since we are at that topic... I have figured out most local/special characters... but still haven't found º and ª (for spanish numbers)... does anyone have a clue ? Because in Spain you don't put No. , you put Nº (specially in addresses).
  10. wthoang

wthoang New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    i use a thing (sought of just a really tinny extension to the cable) so that my ipod jack doesnt get damaged by pulling them in and out so i dont make great use of this effect. i dont mind, im coninuously plugging it in and out, trying my different deaphones, plugging into stereo, car, comp speakers...really very usefull as i dont wanna damage my ipod jack.!! but its been a good feature