$4.99 an issue?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Unreal Boy, May 11, 2010.

1. Unreal Boy

Unreal Boy Member

Device:
    iPad
    Im sure weve all noticed the magazines that are appearing for the ipad in the app store. ( time, popular science etc)

But 5 bucks an issue is hard to keep up with considering its cheaper to physically buy them, i know time is working/has a subscription thing going now that i wish more magazines would do.

But seriously $5 for a single issue?

My god i might actually buy them if it were $1 an issue no subscription...

Why do companies think $5 is a fair price? Read the reviews and they all get trashed from the price being too high and it being cheaper to buy a physical copy rather than the one on the ipad...
  2. IceBerg

IceBerg New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    I think you will see this change and vary on the magazine and what they offer. Video content live data, and other things will all have an effect and once a company has a drag and drop magazine format their costs will be less and that will be passed on.

Some of you may remember the ezine scene from the old c-64/amiga days. These groups were ahead of their time and that is what you will begin to see as things find their niche.
  3. Jacob

Jacob Well-Known Member

Magazines are like $6 in stores anyway, it's not really that expensive.
  4. ipodtouch1234

ipodtouch1234 Active Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    Download the app Zinio. Subscriptions are like $10 Max. I got a $5 subscription to Car & Driver, PC Mag, and Maxim

Please Register or Log in to view images

)) about a week ago.
  5. IceBerg

IceBerg New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    Most of the mags I read are 10-20 bux, euro mags in the US are exspensive. I dont think $5 is bad depending on how well it's laid out and how good the content is. I would be happier with say 2.99