iOS 4.2 4.2 JB IPad

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by CaptainJackHarkness, Sep 2, 2010.

1. CaptainJackHarkness

CaptainJackHarkness New Member

I don't give a sh*t if they added Airport and Wireless Printing. Realistically speaking, what are the advantages of 4.2 anyways? Now that spirit is no longer working on newer versions, I still find the Pro's outweighing the pro's for 'restoring' / upgrading to 4.2 and becoming unjailbreaked (well not technically since AutoSHS has the blobs backed).

Anyone else?
  2. NitroBum

NitroBum Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Folders, Multitasking, Wireless printing.

That about sums up everything necessary to convince me to upgrade regardless of jailbreak. Actually, even this is enough. Wireless printing.
  3. CaptainJackHarkness

CaptainJackHarkness New Member

Multitasking is only supported with Fast-Switch Apps, maybe unlikely to resume exactly where left off - folders meh, wireless printing...just use a laptop and a wireless printer. Seems a little pointless to do it via an iPad...but it sounds convenient enough..worth giving up all the jailbreak...I really don't know.

Don't they also improve Wi-Fi capability on iOS 4.2??? 3.1.2 + has a lot of Wi-Fi bar problems.
  4. NitroBum

NitroBum Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    I have a pretty annoying issue with Wi-Fi on my iPad, but I don't know if there are any plans to fix the issue I'm experiencing. I haven't heard anything about Wi-Fi fixes since the release of 3.2.1.

Okay, I'm confused. You say printing is pointless to do from an iPad, and then in the same sentence you say that it's worth giving up a jailbreak for...

I'm curious, what is it about jailbroken 3.2.x that makes it worth it to you to stay away from 4.2?
  5. mitchell209

mitchell209 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I'm getting off this damn 3.2 the second 4.2 is released. Jailbreaking adds almost nothing useful to my iPad,
  6. bstevenhaagen

bstevenhaagen Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Everything in iOS 4 for iPhone will be coming to the iPad, plus a few more features. (some of which have been announced). I'm upgrading the day it comes out

Please Register or Log in to view images

might even install the betas.
  7. NitroBum

NitroBum Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Jailbreaking adds plenty of things to my iPad. However all of these will be replaced with 4.2 features.

I use InfiniBoard to catagorize all my apps onto two pages. Folders will do this.

I use SBSettings to quickly toggle Wi-Fi and Bluetooth. I will be able to do this with multitasking by always having the full settings app available to me.