4.1 optimizes FaceTime for 3G?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by matt912836, Sep 25, 2010.

1. matt912836

matt912836 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Since I don't feel like paying for an iPhone, I use my iPod Touch 4 tethered to my 3G phone, and while using FaceTime, it doesn't seem to lag much audio or video wise. There are a few hiccups here and there, and the video quality is a little downgraded, but it seems to work fine. Is this Apple's way of preparing FaceTime over 3G? When viewing the tethering stats on my phone, it seems to run at a constant 15kbps download and upload while FaceTiming.
  2. Swift

Swift Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (White)
    How much was your 3G phone and which model? Have you thought about selling your phone and selling your iPod and buying the iPhone 4? Maybe it could add up
  3. Tkf1

Tkf1 Community Development Staff Member

Device:
    iPad mini
    The iPod Touch 4 doesn't have a good of a camera like the iPhone 4. That's why you see poor quailty.
  4. ryanangus

ryanangus Active Member

Actually, the front facing cameras are the exact same. You're thinking of the reverse camera. And at any rate, video recording is on par with iPhone 4.
  5. matt912836

matt912836 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    It's a samsung jack, I already used my upgrade on it and it was my second upgrade after returning the first phone I was unsatisfied with, didn't feel like going through it again. Sucks because iPhone 4 refurbs are now only $150.

And I ment video quality comparing it to WiFi. It seems to notice that the connection is slower and lowers the video quality to compensate.