iOS 4.1 4.1 on mb touch 2g jailbreak questions

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by mcatusf, Sep 27, 2010.

1. mcatusf

mcatusf New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    As the tag suggests i currently am running 4.1 on a mb touch 2g. I was on 4.0 that was jailbroken but it would constantly crash to springboard (especially when selecting music) It also was somewhat unresponsive at times and generally ran slower than its current 4.1 version. Is this going to be an inherent problem with subsequent jailbreaks or is it the result of the jailbreak tool used or is it that i have a two year old touch? (that is to say are the newer exploits [SHatter] going to be more efficient and cause less crashing issues)used that I remember the first jailbreak for the 2g was really smooth.
  2. cyberghoser1

cyberghoser1 Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Stay away from 4.0 in a 2G touch, that's my opinion, 4.1 and wait for the new jailbreak or use sn0wbreeze, or if you have shsh saved downgrade to 3.x
  3. mcatusf

mcatusf New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Unfortunately no. what was the problem with the 4.0 jailbreak? will the SHatter exploit be more effective?
  4. cyberghoser1

cyberghoser1 Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Of course it will, but since you have a MB model you can use sn0wbreeze without any problem and restore a custom firmware 4.1 and have an untethered jailbreak.