iOS 4.1 4.1 JB vs. 3.1.3 or 4.0 JB

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by jmparagon, Oct 15, 2010.

1. jmparagon

jmparagon Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    What are the benefits of 4.1 jb compared to 3.1.3 or 4.0 jb? i've been having problems with 4.1 which i didnt have when i was still in 3.1.3
  2. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

Gamecenter, newer apps support, mulitasking/folders (compared to 3.1.3), apple claims speed bump (compared to 4.0).
  3. xxhorseriderxxx

xxhorseriderxxx Banned

Device:
    iPod touch
    The speed bump was only intended for iPhone 3G users. I'm not sure if they were able to streamline 4.1 much further than it already is. From a developer's point of view, apple really has streamlined the OS; for example many of the SpringBoard.app UI elements have been moved to the system cache. Even more interesting, no longer is there a cache for the keyboard, UI elements, exe (they're all grouped together). Does that translate to more speed? No not really because they're constantly adding features that will not be uniformly used by all users. I for one will never use game center because I am not a fan of games on iOS.
  4. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

3.1.3 is alot better for theming
  5. xxhorseriderxxx

xxhorseriderxxx Banned

Device:
    iPod touch
    I have to respectfully disagree. The only thing that 3.1.3 has over 4.X is that you can theme keyboards on 3.1.3 with iKeyEx. Everything else can be themed (except Youtube.app and Cydia.app due to runtime technical difficulties).
  6. cyberghoser1

cyberghoser1 Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    It really depends on what model you are using, for example my iPod Touch 2G is better with 3.1.3 than 4.0 but once a jailbreak is available for the mc model i will move to 4.1 for sure.
  7. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

What i should of said is it's easier, not better. One thing i dont like about 4.x is that you have to change the shadow file for when the icon is pressed, and it limits you to having all same sized icons