4.1 JB for 2G?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by SwiftSkii, Jul 21, 2010.

1. SwiftSkii

SwiftSkii Active Member

Device:
    iPad
    Hey guys. Just got a touch and wanted to in it, but there seems to be no in for my firmware (2.2.1) and I was wondering if there is a 4.0 or 4.1 jailbreak. I read this on others sites,I didn't know if it was true. Yes, I'm talking about redsn0w. Can't get onto their site now, but I wanted to know if it right.

Thanx,
    Swiftskii
  2. Lux2GS

Lux2GS Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
  3. AMurphy

AMurphy Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    You are going to have to be more clear, if you have an MC Model on 4.0 without 3.1.2 SHSH blobs backed up, you'll have to wait for @comex to release the new 4.0 jailbreak which should be in the next few days. If you have an MB Model on 4.0, you can jailbreak with redsn0w. iOS 4.1 has not been released and most likely won't be till at least September with the next generation iPod Touch. iOS 4.1 is currently in beta testing for people with a developers account ($99) and the jailbreak is available for the beta for MB Models only with redsn0w.

That hardly makes any sense, if you are on 2.2.1 upgrade to the latest firmware (4.0) and make sure itunes is updated too.

Best of Luck,

AMurphy
  4. RaymondK8

RaymondK8 Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    4.0 Non-MC models - Use redsn0w 0.9.5.
    4.0 MC model - Go to ih8sn0w's website and look at tutorial. Must be on 3.1.2.

There's a jailbreak for the 4.1 beta, but since 4.1 is a beta, it's not an official release yet so technically, no - there is no jailbreak for 4.1.

Not too sure about the 4.1 part so correct me if I'm wrong.
  5. SwiftSkii

SwiftSkii Active Member

Device:
    iPad
    Well as you don't know I bought this touch used and it was never updated and all of the music was pirated and all his apps were free, so he probably never touched iTunes and thus never updated. So I will get 4.0, itunes is downloading to my computer now.

Thanx,
    Cheese
  6. Lux2GS

Lux2GS Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
  7. SwiftSkii

SwiftSkii Active Member

Device:
    iPad
    Sorry, and the previous owner had all that stuff and i wanted to get it off cause there was like his itunes account still on there.
    Lawl, the idiot even left his working email account on there.

I am not the pirate, he is!