iOS 4.1 4.1 Broke Compatibility with Pioneer In-Dash

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by CaliLove310, Sep 25, 2010.

1. CaliLove310

CaliLove310 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I have a 32Gb, 2nd gen MB model. Before upgrading and jailbreaking with Redsnow 0.9.6b1 I was able to connect it to my Pioneer Z110bt and it would play perfectly. Now after going to 4.1, whenever I connect it, I get a message on the Pioneer which says, "Authorization Failed, iPod not connected" Is this something I could fix or would I have to downgrade to 4.0

Thanks for the help
  2. JP_ctm

JP_ctm Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    Have you tried installing "NoAccessorySplash iOS4" from Cydia.
    I have a Kenwood, but this worked with playing music from my iphone.
  3. iKeirNez

iKeirNez Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I find that 4.1 made my Technika dock faster at searching through artists
  4. futra

futra Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    i just bought a Pioneer 3250UB unit and i got an 'Error-19' when connected to my iPt2g 4.1 jb device. no matter how and whichever i restart and reconnect, it gave me the same error. the aux in works well but this obviously doesnt utilizes the ipod control.

i cud juz dgrade to 3.1.3 but that wud make me lose the ios's multitasking (which i cn add via cydia manually).. arghhh
  5. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

I noticed that the only way my in-dash car stereo will play music off my iphone is if I have no accessory splash installed. I'm able to control the music from my phone.
    It's also jailbroken on 4.1
  6. Manic

Manic New Member

I also have a Kenwood WDC unit which developed some issues after upgrading.

I was on a really old FW on my MB touch (2.2 something) and everything was working fine. The only issue I had was right after a sync my Kenwood would show no music data, where I would eject the ipod and re-insert it and it would be ok.

After going to 4.1 with sn0wbreeze I have a lot of bugs: Whenever I connect it (after a sync or normally) the kenwood flashes "reading" and starts playing the first track, but the controls dont work. The unit then needs a restart; it then gives me "no music data", where I unplug and plug the ipod. I can now browse the music, but when I select a song it flashes a bit and starts the first song on the ipod again. Browsing is also slower than it was.

I have found a bypass to this: Before connecting the ipod I unlock it and enter the ipod app. Only then it shows the "accessory connected" message and lets me browse normally. However, sometimes it still fails to play the selected song and starts the first song again.
    Another more time saving way is to have a song playing on the ipod, pausing it and then connecting it to the unit. It continues the song from where u left it and lets u browse etc, although it still fails at browsing now and then, really frustrating while driving ;/

Its dissapointing that apple has done this with their newer versions, and as usual apple will blame the manufacturers and vice versa, where in fact its apples fault as youll find many threads in the net about this where the only changing factor is the iOS version.
  7. futra

futra Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    ^ exactly. if it were the manufacturer's fault, it's gotta be worldwide since mostly all are effected. tried connecting it with apple's usb cable, error. pioneer's cable (which is exactly the same as the apple's), error. a friend connected his ipod with older fw, both cables, worked with no errors.
  8. Mikeqc

Mikeqc Guest

had problems with my pioneer head unit when jailbroken on iOS 4.1, was giving me some error code 02-63

just upgraded to iOS 4.2 and works again
    will try jailbreaking it again and see if it's the jailbreak or simply the iOS that was causing the problem
  9. iFlexxxy

iFlexxxy New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    FYI for others having connectivity issues with their devices on 4.1. I have a JVC tv with ipod pop out and also a Kenwood deck. Neither would play my stuff on 4.1 so I downgraded to 4.0 to make it work. after investigating and knowing my blobs were saved, i went to 4.2.1. Everything works successfully on 4.2.1 and connects to everything.  added the connectivity back in for this build.

Also, jailbroke with redsn0w 0.9.6b4 and still connects perfectly.