iOS 4.1 4.1 3g jailbreak and unlock

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by ramrodtm, Oct 22, 2010.

1. ramrodtm

ramrodtm New Member

Hey I have an iPhone 3g that is currently on 4.0.2. I'm wondering how I can use Pwnage Tool to update to 4.1 and jailbreak without losing my current baseband. I heard that 4.1 changes the baseband so that the ultrasn0w unlock doesn't work. Much appreciated.
  2. MrDodi

MrDodi Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    yes you can use a custom FW made with pwnagetool to update to 4.1 without updating the baseband
  3. ramrodtm

ramrodtm New Member

So how do I get the custom firmware? Does Pwnage Tool create it itself? I tried using the program and it asked me to select the .ipsw. Do I just download the 4.1 firmware from an outside link and use that? Or do I have to get a custom version?
  4. ramrodtm

ramrodtm New Member

Ok so I used Pwnage Tool, cooked my firmware and then put it into DFU mode. After iTunes restored to the custom .ipsw, my iPhone froze at the reboot Apple logo. Do I put it into DFU mode again and restore using the custom firmware?
  5. pyro33

pyro33 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Help! can someone tell me how to jailbreak a itouch 3g 8gb 4.1. ive tried green poison and limera1n 20 times with no success. please help
  6. ramrodtm

ramrodtm New Member

I keep getting an error 1600 message and it's not letting me restore to my custom firmware. Am I going to have to restore to 4.1 and call it quits?