iOS 4.0 4.0 Vs Android

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by 1337PWN, May 18, 2010.

?

4.0 or Android

1. IPhone OS 4

63.6%
  2. Android

36.4%
  1. 1337PWN

1337PWN New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Who do u think dominates 4.0 or Android also why lol.

I pick 4.0 because i think this Os actually has a lot of features that we all wanted even though Android does but its done in a cleaner fashion and also has a cool dock (mac os x dock was a good choice). My opinion
  2. Torin_93

Torin_93 Active Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I really like the android. My parents just got an android phone which is incredible! If there was an android MP3 player I would buy it in a heartbeat. I hate the itunes store and the app store! The music in itunes is too expensive and apple has the DRM on it which makes it hard to keep track of the music or if you use multiple computers.75 percent of the apps in the android store are free! I think they compare very nicely. I guess my main concern is the music and how apple controls it. I could always use a different music store which makes all of the above invalid.

In that case I made myself look like an ass what music store could I use? Amazon?
  3. magic8ball88

magic8ball88 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    You sound very bias. We haven't seen (or most of us at least) 4.0 and I doubt you have seen Android enough to make a judgment (I haven't either)

But Android is open so that sounds better to me.
  4. dunuck

dunuck Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I voted iPhone OS 4.0 as i like it more
    But android will end up dominating, because it is more accessible and open source
  5. shashanknegi

shashanknegi Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    yeah about verizon charges you just to check out there android market place.
    Android has a bunch of cool features that the iphone doesnt have, like choosing what quality you want to watch the youtube videos in.
    But the android OS is not as smooth, Ex: when you scroll it doesnt seem as fluid, even apps seem a little, how do I say it, studdery?
    I would choose android for its practicality though.
  6. 1337PWN

1337PWN New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)

lol my friend has a Android and i get to see it everyday so in my opinion im not a fan but im not saying that other people might hate it like its amazing but every OS provides something like I like Android as well but IPhone OS appeals to me more
  7. N130

N130 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    Being that I'm stuck on Android 1.6 (MyTouch) my opinion will be too biased lol. But there's a lot of things about Android that I like such as Google Navigation, the temperature at the top (Weatherbug), etc. I like that pull down mechanism as well. I think that Sense UI is very nice as well, Apple needs something like that imo. However Android doesn't feel "finished" to me, very laggy and glitchy but maybe its just my phone.

I don't like how Apple is purposely holding the iPhone back though. Most iPhone apps have better quality imo.

Overall I'm gonna have to go with the iPhone & 4.0.
  8. mitchell209

mitchell209 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I like Android a lot. I'd probably prefer Android over iPhone os.
  9. nickswitz

nickswitz New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I personally prefer 4.0, only because it's a lot cleaner, which is a big thing for me. Android OS, even though it's very open, it makes it slower because you need to be able to access root, which opens up a lot of running daimons getting in there that you may not realize are there.
  10. shiben589

shiben589 Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Look up Android version 2.2, codenamed FroYo.
    Android wins.