iOS 4.0 4.0 should be for all...

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by ./^\.ACE./^\., Apr 11, 2010.

1. ./^\.ACE./^\.

./^\.ACE./^\. Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I have an orgiginal 8GB iPod Touch 1st Gen, I got it 3 weeks after it came out in Canada. I use it every day and for many things. I use it for the internet the most but I like to play music, games and watch movies on it too. I use Winterboard to add a background I don't multi taska any apps and I'm happy with that. My brother on the other hand has a 3rd Gen (2nd Gen)8GB and he does the same things, he never uses Blutooth, never uses the mike, never uses a background, but he is still just as happy as me because he can do the stuff I can do and vice-versa.

I remember when 3.0 came out and thouse of us with the 1st Gen were not sure if we were going to be supported as our iPods were older now, but we were so I was happy that I didn't have to pay for a new device after only 2 years. What I do remember happening is that untill I updated to 3.0 every app I had would not update and every new app would not download. So even after I had payed for an app if I restored with out updating I could not use my payed apps, I was forced to upgrade. now what will happen to me? My apps will all go to 4.0 and I will not be able to use them, apple is not just forcing me to update, I can't.

In my book if I have payed for somthing and the company I bought it from says I can't use it then they just stole my money. So unless there is some way I will still be able to restore and use my apps then Apple is stealing from me and any other 1st Gen iPod Touch user. I know that there would be a time were there would be no more updates just like any product, but if you have a 4th Gen iPod Classic do your games still work? yes they do.

This has been a bit of a rant but I beleve that this is not right and I felt as though my views should be posted for others to reflect on. don't just say that I'm a person that doesn't wan't to buy a new iPod. If Apple stole from 1st Gen users then next will be 2nd Gen (3rd Gen 8GB) users as well.

Thank you for taking the time to read this post.
    Greg.
  2. Milesneptune

Milesneptune Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    apple should support the older devices
  3. Flea

Flea New Member

Device:
    iPad
    People should type rants with multiple paragraphs.
    I'm sorry but I won't even try to read that wall of text.
  4. _JKK_

_JKK_ Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    No they shouldn't; that hardware is three years old. A lot has changed since that hardware was designed (probably 6-8 months before release).

If Apple continued to support older devices, it would only serve as a bottleneck for their newer devices. I know it doesn't seem fair, but it's technology. A lot changes. In three years, the 3G will seem old and slow, and firmware updates probably won't support it.
  5. leadergo

leadergo Active Member

Out with the old. In with the new. Besides, 4.0 will be super slow on a 1G iPod Touch or 2G iPhone.
  6. startrees

startrees Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (White)
    They should but they don't and probably cuz the older devices aren't fast enough
  7. mitchell209

mitchell209 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    They have the same hardware as the iPhone 3G though...
  8. startrees

startrees Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (White)
    Not at all! Ik for one that the iPod touch 3G is a lot faster then iPod Touch 2G and that the iPod touch 2g is faster then the first one! Also I don't think that apple would TRY to displease there customures
  9. mitchell209

mitchell209 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    What are you talking about? I meant the iPhone 2G has the same hardware as the iPhone 3G.

I'm not sure about the iPod touch 1G. I think it's got the same, or even better, hardware than the iPhone 2G.
  10. startrees

startrees Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (White)
    Yeah but if the touches don't then the iPHone don't either