iOS 4.0 4.0 on 2g devises = slow?

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by Chronico, Jul 19, 2010.

1. Chronico

Chronico New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I have a second gen itouch and back when I had 3.1 jailbroken with Desktop/SMS for home screen background and backgrounder for multitasking and a ram swapfile it ran great and never slowed down. I was a little bit board with it though so I was happy to update to 4.0 after all I heard about it. I experimented with it and tried it without jail braking witch was surprisingly slow and boring, so I jailbroke, enabled multitasking and desktop background with redsn0w witch made it very slow even with a ram swap file and Icon shodowfiles deleted. So now I have decided to use 4.0 jail broken but use back grounding and desktop background through cydia. I'm starting to not see the point of ios 4 at least for people with only 128mb of ram. I recently updated my moms 3g (without any jailbraking) and she said it is so slow that she wants me to put back ios 3. Is it just me, or just people with 2g devises or what? Is every one else keeping ios 4?
  2. The StFu

The StFu Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    I have a iPod touch 2G-MC 8GB iOS4 jailbroken & got arround 50-55MB RAM free. (Multitasking, Custom Wallpaper, Battery-Percent enabled)

NO VM-MODS!
    Removed Language-Packs, Disabled LaunchDaemons & Removed WallpaperIconShadows.
    Disabled the Spotlight Search (incl. Spotlight-Daemon): Settings -> General -> Spotlight Search

I use Backgrounder & RemoveRecents from Cydia to control which Apps running on the background.

.. and I love the Performance!

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. jalexis4192

jalexis4192 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Did you restore from a back-up? I find my 3G to be fairly slow when i do. If you use your iPod for game and such, its a possible sacrifice to live with to keep your game progress. if i restore my 3G i always do a fresh firmware, Jailbreak, and upload the sms database (only thing i really need from the back-up) and its fine and has no lag or anything. Only problem i do get is the occasional screen freezing which some people have, but it goes away after a few seconds.