iOS 4.0 4.0 customizing

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by aspecter, Aug 29, 2010.

1. aspecter

aspecter New Member

Device:
    iPad
    hey,

I have a couple of questions about ios4 customizing.

1. Where can i find the statusbar pngs (Black_Base, Silver_Base, Translucent_Base) in a ssh tool? ( i like to manually change the pictures for speed)

2. Where can i find the wifibars pngs? (Black_0_WifiBars etc..)

3. Where can i find the battery pngs? (Black_BatteryDrainingBG, Black_BatteryDrainingInsides etc)

4. I've changed a couple of icons, and if the icons are smaller than the original icon that is replaced, an ugly black background will appear. I will post some pictures to show that (see the ibooks icon), but does anyone know how to delete the black background?

Thanks

Please Register or Log in to view images

Attached Files:

2. Oliver Barker

Oliver Barker New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    One of the best ways I've found of doing this is using Winterboard, find a theme on Cydia or elsewhere that mods the items you want. Download the theme file onto your computer or take it off your iDevice by SSH. Once you have it you can open it and find where all of the files need to be in a theme to customise them.

To find the originals, there should be a google spreadsheet somewhere out there along with many lists of where they are. Try google, works 99.94% of the time for me.
  3. Screwed

Screwed Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    I don't think that anyone knows where the wifi bars are in ios4 yet
  4. aspecter

aspecter New Member

Device:
    iPad
    Yes i know where to put the pictures in a winterboard theme, UIImages, com.apple.springboard, but i like to manually change the originals for speed and better performance

Please Register or Log in to view images

5. xXrkidXx

xXrkidXx Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    You can't do that in ios 4 becUse apple moved all the files into .artwork files. I don't know where they are or how to dycrypt them.