3rd party app messed up my world

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by soundsystem00, Dec 17, 2008.

1. soundsystem00

soundsystem00 New Member

Okay..My computer crashed and deleted everything including my music library. I still had the music on my ipod and didnt want itunes to wipe it out (like it loves to do) so I installed a 3rd party app called xilisoft ipod rip.. It did a good job ripping the songs and even put them in my itunes library.. But when I tried to add a couple songs, it totally deleted all my music, and now itunes cannot even recognize my ipod without restoring it..

I have a sh*tload of apps that I payed good money for and have saved progress on all of them.. I know I can redownload all of them, but I had much rather back them all up and put them back on my ipod exactly the way I left them whenever I'm done restoring..What is a good app to backup my games and savedata and them put them back on the ipod without any complications?

Do I have any hope? Please help!
  2. extremocracy

extremocracy Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    No you don't you should start cowering in a corner while Steve jobbs laughs his ass off
  3. awesomo

awesomo New Member

Can't you download apps as much as you want once you bought them once from the store?
  4. superrob

superrob Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Awesomo tells the truth. All the apps you buy are saved into your iTunes Store account

Please Register or Log in to view images

5. Naveen

Naveen Banned

sig

6. soundsystem00

soundsystem00 New Member

I know that I can redownload them but I don't want to lose hours of gamesave data.
  7. pedrohbr

pedrohbr New Member

AppBackup from Cydia.

Does what you need.
    It backs-up your App Store applications data and save them to a specific folder on the device. You'll have to SSH it and save to your PC all those backup files and then restore your device, install all apps again and restore your backups with AppBackup.

Hope it helps.
  8. Ipwnnubletz

Ipwnnubletz Banned

There's a reason this is in the 2nd Gen iPod Touch forum. Please read more carefully before you post.
  9. pedrohbr

pedrohbr New Member

Oh.

Sorry for that.

I came here by the search tool, and I didn't see that was something in the 2nd gen ipod section. Anyway, if someone get here and have a 1st gen ipod, they can do whats above here, lol.

Sorry again.