3rd Generation iPod Touch 32GB

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by andrew!, Apr 5, 2010.

1. andrew!

andrew! New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I have the 32GB 3rd generation iPod touch. It is not an MC model. I'm going to be honest, I have no idea what this whole MC business is. If one were to have a MC model'd 32GB 3rd Gen iPod touch, what exactly does this mean in terms of jailbreaking, both tethered and untethered?

I know I don't have the MC model but I like to stay updated with these kinds of things and with school, its sort of hard to do so

Please Register or Log in to view images

Thanks a bunch to whoever answers!
    -Andrew
  2. Fike

Fike Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    As far as I know, MC only applies to the iPt 2G. It means that it has been updated, for instance with a new bootrom or something.
  3. J-Phone

J-Phone Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    MC's are the 3rd generation ipod touch and iphone. They have patches that block out most jailbreaks. Upgrading firmware makes it worst
  4. xXrkidXx

xXrkidXx Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    MC varies for the iPhone 3G, some are tethered, some have the new bootrom which isn't jailbreakable, as of now atleast.
  5. Timmarus

Timmarus Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    If your model is not an MC model, that is not DEFINITELY NOT a 3rd gen iPod touch. MC Model refers to the late 2009 models. The first gens are MA, then second generation models are MB, and the late 2009 models are MC. There is no REAL 3rd Gen. 32 and 64 GB MC Models are considered third gen because it has more features than the 8GB. MC Model is just 2nd gen reissued.
  6. Johannes Deegen

Johannes Deegen Community Development

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Bullsh*t! The 32GB and 64GB are TRUE 3rd Generations. It has a new processor, double the memory, a new bootrom, and new LCD. It's a "TRUE 3rd Gen"
  7. Ouchy_S

Ouchy_S Member

Device:
    Samsung Galaxy S3
    No, you are quite wrong Timmarus.
  8. SoBe

SoBe Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I believe you are completely wrong.
  9. Puredudes

Puredudes New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Your correct on some level, the Ipod touch 3rd generation is marked as MC, the 32gb version of the ipod touch 2nd generation is also marked as mc. The distinction of MC or MB only relates to jailbreaking. After doing further research, there are 2nd generation Ipod touch with MC model instead of MB.

On further note, people don't consider 3rd generation since the 2nd and 3rd generation look and feel the same. It all has to do inside, meaning twice the ram, which in result is 50% faster making it the 3rd generation. The 8gb in my eyes is not supposed to be considered 3rd generation since it is the exact same as 2nd generation. Though Apple had to re brand it just
  10. SoBe

SoBe Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    No it's not.