3rd Gen is amazing :D

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by LXZ, Sep 22, 2009.

1. LXZ

LXZ New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I know I'm new here, but I have probably been lurking these forums for at least a year.. just never felt the need to sign up until now, I hope to use them more now that I'm up to date ..lol.

Basically, I got a scratched to hell iPod 8GB 1st gen early this year, turned around a month later and sold it for what I bought it for and got a laptop.

I then traded that laptop about two months later and got a 32GB 1st Gen (tricked, I thought it was a 2nd gen), then turned around a week later and sold that for 200 and added on 100 and got the new 3rd Generation.

And needless to say.. I love it. and since I never had a 2nd .. its a whole new world... lol.

Anyways, I am no newb to tech like this, and I know what the bluetooth on it is for, and that it is not supposed to work with other phones and yada yada.
    But I did try something anyways, and wanted to know what everyone thought of it.. and if it may be something in the future that maybe it will be able to communicate with other phones. Seeing as the iPod Touch did not get a camera, I would love to take pics with my other phone and shoot them over to the iPod via bluetooth.

I was able to get the two devices to find each other, but they won't actually connect.

Please Register or Log in to view images

As you can see, "Lance's Touch" is showing up under bluetooth on my iPod touch (Lance's Touch is my LGVU phone).

I just wanted to introduce myself, and ask something worthwhile.

Hope I can stick around for awhile.
  2. lakerol

lakerol Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    how's the step works?, seems cool .

3. N130

N130 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    My 2G iPod touch and BlackBerry Curve connect with each other, is there a way I could tether my BB with my 2G so I could go online with the 2G anywhere?
  4. ryanangus

ryanangus Active Member

There is a method for sharing internet with your phone and iPod if your phone has WiFi and runs Windows Mobile... but Blackberry runs RimOS. Also I don't think iPod touch supports internet through Bluetooth connection

5. LXZ

LXZ New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Just go into settings -> general -> bluetooth -> and turn it on, it will find any .. I guess (as it did with me) visible bluetooth phones. But I can't actually get it to connect, it just finds it. If I click to connect it goes busy for a second and then the text returns to "not connected".

If the bluetooth chip in either the 2G or 3G iPod Touch supports internet, it is disabled and probably never will be enabled by apple. (they want you to buy an iPhone and pay the data plan for that)... And that sucks, but is pretty much the facts on that one.

Yeah, I have found 3 ways of doing this.
    The why you mentioned, whats is the cheapest windows mobile phone that would support this, and would they run on the $15 AT&T data plan?

The other two ways I have found.

Is a Level One router, you could get a car power plug and port it around in your car. You would just need a usb modem from any of the mobile internet providers. And it supports 3G..
    http://global.level1.com/product_d.php?id=769

And the one I love the most, MiFi from sprint.

On another note tho, I was just asking about photo transferring.
    I know it won't do it now, but I wanted to know if there were any rumors on this being unlocked. I think the bluetooth should be able to be used for things other than just headphones.
  6. Mr.Funman

Mr.Funman Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    you have a 32GB iPod Touch 1G???
  7. LXZ

LXZ New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    No, I had one.. I sold it yesterday and then got a 32GB 3rd Gen.
  8. 4NewHop3

4NewHop3 Well-Known Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    I think bluetooth also helps the iPod touch to do peer gaming but not from long distances
  9. LXZ

LXZ New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Yea :[
    Wish I knew some people.. none of my friends have one, so its kind of lame.
    I would love to try out some of the head to head games.
  10. Huey85

Huey85 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I'm tethering my Internet data from my HTC Hero (Android based phone) via WiFi, to my iPT3G

it's quite good too!