3rd gen ipodtouch or zii egg????

Discussion in 'iDevice competitors' started by cityboyz33142, Aug 3, 2009.

1. cityboyz33142

cityboyz33142 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Apple has to come with a lot with the new ipod touch or it will lose many customers to the zii egg. The ipt3g has to have a camera on front and back, well at least the front. Has to unlock the bluetooth, and have turn by turn gps. The zii looks amazing. It has a HD 1.3 MP camera in the back and a camera in the front for video conferencing. I hope apple takes this into strong consideration, because as of now, if Apple doesn't deliver, then Zii, here I come. I wonder will one day, you'll be able to run iPhone OS, on the Zii egg since it has Android also. Sorry if i posted this in the wrong section.
  2. Mint-Berry Crunch

Mint-Berry Crunch Member

Device:
    iPhone 6 Plus
    The iPhone OS probably wont be ported to the Zii Egg. Why don't you wait till the specs for the new iPod touch are released, then make an objective decision from there?
  3. _JKK_

_JKK_ Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    Apple won't loose a lot of customers. But they will loose some if they don't do well.

But, I think they will.
  4. spoonforknife

spoonforknife Retired Moderator

That will never, ever happen. Despite the fact that Microsoft has more devices out there running its software, Apple has stuck to strict regulations, making it so they can have both hardware and software control. Never.
  5. _JKK_

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    Yet there are still Hackintoshes...

Please Register or Log in to view images

But still, I don't think that iPhone OS will ever completely run on any device but Apple's.
  6. Vince

Vince Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I don't see the point of putting a camera on the front and the back. That just seems stupid to me (i see your point about video conferences, but how practical is that to the average person?) as does only a front facing camera, then you can't see what you're taking a pic of unless it's yourself. As far as I can tell everything you said about the 3G is just what you want from it. The bluetooth on the 2g is unlocked...so I'd assume it'd stay unlocked. And for me the GPS would also be useless.

As far as the Zii goes, it looks really good right now. I might be buying one, but as posted above, that's for after the 3G specs are released so I can compare.
  7. xLucky7

xLucky7 Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    I dont see why people cant keep this in one thread... there is a thread (with a poll mind you) asking people what they would upgrade to and a discussion...
  8. _JKK_

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    Because (1) people are stupid, or (2) people are excited.

It would be great if they could, but it won't happen.
  9. xLucky7

xLucky7 Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    Could be both >.<
  10. carfreak95

carfreak95 Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Agreed, can't people stop flooding this forum with opinions on the new 3g and competition?
    There are like 15 other threads on the same page! Like above said, why can't this topic be kept in 1 or 2 threads instead of everyone posting a thread when they feel like it!