3rd Gen iPod Touch not compatible with Belkin F6D4230-4 v2?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by chemical442, Nov 18, 2009.

1. chemical442

chemical442 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Does anyone know if the 3rd Gen iPod Touch is or is not compatible with Belkin F6D4230-4 v2?

I've searched here, tried every little trick in the book, and even reset the router to default settings. I have the wifi connection icon, and it says I'm connected, but apparently I'm not when in Safari or any other web based apps. I know the iPod works with other routers as I've had plenty of success with them, but keep hitting a brick wall on this model Belkin Router.

Does anyone know if this is a known issue that I haven't stumbled upon whether in Google searches or on these forums?

Thanks in advance for ANY insight!
  2. Tommm

Tommm Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    First go on your computer and try and ping your iPod (or you could do it the other way round if you're jailbroken) to see if you are actually connected to the network. After that

If you are then it might be a problem with your iPod's firmware and you should do a restore.
  3. chemical442

chemical442 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Silly question, but the computer initially set up to govern the router died a few days ago, hence my need to get by for the time being on the iPod Touch... Could this be the issue? The tower is currently dead, off, down, done, deceased.
  4. iPhondTouch3G

iPhondTouch3G Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    If ur connected to the network but not to the Internet, then that means ur MAC address is blocked in that network
  5. uptown

uptown New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I've had problems with my Touch 3G and the Belkin F5D8235-4 v2000. It connects fine, but then loses the connection after it's been in sleep for awhile. It prompts me for my PSK but even when I enter it, it doesn't work. If I restart the Touch it'll work again without requiring me to re-enter the password. Pain in the ass.