3rd gen ipod replaced with 4th gen?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by DmitriiG, Jul 21, 2010.

1. DmitriiG

DmitriiG New Member

Hello all,
    I have owned my 3rd gen ipod touch for about 2-3 weeks now. Today, i was playing around with it and noticed that if I press anywhere on the top right quarter of the screen, there is a slight clicking sound, and the screen bends in a tiny bit. Nevertheless, it works perfectly fine. It might get worse, so I want to exchange it while I can, since im leaving for europe for a month in a week and it is my only source of entertainment on the plane rides. BTW, It has never been dropped and has been in a case from day one, so there are no evident cracks/dents.

Anyways, onto my question. If I returned my ipod to apple, would they repair this one, or give me a refurb?
    Also, since my warranty will last well into next year, should I wait until september, and exchange it then? In this case, would I get the new 4th gen ipod?

Thanks.

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. Hayesy15

Hayesy15 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    naa i dont think you will get a 4th gen they will probz just give u a refurb or just repair it depending on when u send it back
    i think if u sent it back beforethe 4th gen comes out they will give u a new 3rd jen