iPhone 3GS 3GS wont boot

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by curtisk, Feb 14, 2010.

1. curtisk

curtisk Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Hey,

after playing about with tethering today on my jailbroken 3GS (3.1.2) i rebooted my iphone and it wouldnt boot. (stuck on apple)

Usually i would restore to 3.1.2 and rejailbreak no problem but because of the nature of the 3GS upgrade process, i cant do it.

Unfortunately i did not save me SHSH (or whatever it is) to use the other method of downgrading.

BUT when i plug it into my computer (stuck on the apple logo) itunes recognizes it as normal. I am able to back up my iphone but it will not sync which may give me some hope.

Is there any hope of using any methods available to get into my iphone without upgrading to 3.1.3?

I havent tried to see if ssh works yet.
  2. jalexis4192

jalexis4192 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Shift click and restore from 3.1.2? Mean, long as 3.1.3 hasn't been downloaded it should still be on your comp. Of course, you'll need to mess with some files so the firmware works.
  3. Nburnes

Nburnes Well-Known Member

Device:
    OnePlus One
    Just run blackra1n again, as your jailbreak it tethered.
  4. curtisk

curtisk Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    It's all sorted now. @jalexis4192 i couldnt do that because the 3GS requires the firmware to be signed by apple to install it, but since apple have stopped signing 3.1.2 it wouldn't let me install.

Since i had the early bootrom, Im not on tethered jailbreak and 3.1.3 could be JB'd, (i meant internet tethering in my original post)

In the end I created a custom 3.1.3 firmware using sn0wbreeze and it worked fine. All back up and running now

Please Register or Log in to view images