iPhone 3GS 3GS Unlock / JB Questions..

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Captain*, Oct 20, 2009.

1. Captain*

Captain* Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    Well i may hopefully be getting a 32GB 3GS white soon as a preowned phone from a family friend, its about 10 days old and they didn't like it so I cant wait

Please Register or Log in to view images

However seeing as I haven't really followed the 3GS and the jailbreak / unlock for the iPhone i wanted to ask some questions:

1) Can the 3GS be jailbroken / unlocked on 3.1.2, I don't know what FW the iPhone has, most likely 3.1+.

2) Will I be able to activate the phone, seems like an odd question but do I actully need to buy the handset from a store to then be able to activate and use it?

3) Following on from the last question, I want to move to O2, will I be able to put a Pay and Go sim in, and unlock and go no hassle, I wont have to pay for the phone like my dad did with AT&T in the 2G days..as I cant afford £550 >_<

4) Can I pay for the 3G connection on my 02 sim when I get it and use it like it were bought from store, seeing as this is the main reason i want it..

I think thats it, if anyone wants to chuck me some more info I might need let me know, I really appreciate the repiles.

Cheers --CG
  2. pabalabalo

pabalabalo New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    If it is already at 3.1+ then I am sorry to say that you will be able to jailbreak it yes but unfortunately will be unable to unlc*ck it. Once on 3.1+ you will have an updated baseband of 5.11.07 which at this time is unlockable.
  3. Captain*

Captain* Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    Oh ok - but if I were to put an official o2 sim in I could unlock it in the normal method yes?
  4. blackheart

blackheart New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    No. You simply can't unlock 3.1 OTB's right now. OTB means out of the box. It means it came preloaded with it. We have to wait for an exploit in our baseband. You WILL have to use it on AT&T in the U.S. or whatever carrier it's locked to.
  5. kixphlat

kixphlat Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Assuming it's 10 days old, it should be safe.
    Dont confuse the kid... ):
  6. Captain*

Captain* Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    Lol I know that, hence I'm asking if I buy and o2 sim (official carrier) I can unlock it legitimatley.

I know what OTB is btw, I'm not that stupid lmao
  7. pogoyoyo

pogoyoyo Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    what theyre saying is, if your friend bought the iphone from o2, then if you buy a sim card from o2 then itunes will activate it for you, no need for a jailbreak or an unlock.
    An unlock is for users who bought an o2 iphone and want to use it with a different company.