iOS 4.0 3GS Old Bootrom 4.0.2 Unactivated

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by qwerties, Sep 10, 2010.

1. qwerties

qwerties Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    Okay, so I got an iPhone 3Gs from America (I live in Australia) and my sister restored it to 4.0.2 because she was worried it had his private data on it (I was away at the time), it is now on the slide to emergency call screen and wont accept anything other then an AT&T Sim (which I don't have).

I was able to restore it to 4.0.1, which it is currently on and it has the old bootrom (I think, f0recast says maybe, depends if refurbished). I am not sure what to do here as I have read I need to go back to 3.1.2 to restore a custom firmware and hactivate but iTunes wont let me because I don't think the previous owner was jalbroken on 3.1.2.

Is there some way to check what SHSH files he saved so i can see if i can restore?

Or is the easiest way just to stay on 4.0.1 and get an AT&T sim shipped over?

I'd really like to use my new iPhone, even as just an ipod would be fine (I know 4.0.2 screwed up ultrasn0w)
  2. personman

personman Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    A new jailbreak will most likely be released for 4.1, so maybe you'll be able to activate it with no SIM Card when that happens.
  3. qwerties

qwerties Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    Thx, I was just hoping I could use it in less then a month. I think I'll get an AT&T sim till then.
  4. Itaintrite

Itaintrite New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Yup, buy a phonebook SIM or try to get an official carrier SIM. Heck, you can get a blank AT&T sim and activate it as a prepaid sim and use that to activate. Works everytime for me.