iOS 4.1 3GS (new bootroom) unlock - 05.14.02

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by Lime44, Oct 17, 2010.

1. Lime44

Lime44 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I didn't find anything by searching so i made a new thread..

Is it possible to unlock/hacktivate (to use another carrier) iPhone 3GS (new bootroom) with baseband 05.14.02 ?

Ultrasn0w 1.1.1 doesn't seem to work..
  2. Jordy CDS

Jordy CDS Banned

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Nope, gotta wait for an update. I wish there was right now. The next update can be either an ultrsn0w update, or limesn0w is going to be released, who knows.
  3. Lime44

Lime44 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    OK, thanx, my friends iphone relies on an unlock, but she didn't know that updating her firmware and jailbreaking would take away her unlock "/
  4. Jordy CDS

Jordy CDS Banned

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Yeah, I updated my dad's iPhone and jailbroke it but since he doesn't use T-mobile right now, and rather MetroPCS, he doesn't really need the unlock right now.
  5. wargotof

wargotof New Member

Warning about BootRoom and upgrades in iTunes

HELLO
    And listen to my warning about BootRooms.

Yes ultrasn0w doese't work on BootRoom 05.14.02 and newer versions before apple releases the new iOS4.2 as their new "Baby" system.
    The first date was the 07. of November, but you can expect around 30 days extra before ultrasnOw have an updated version.

After that ultrasnOw will come with an updated version how is at leas capable to unlock the mention BootRoom.
    But be weary carefully because if you try to upgrade ore download a new version of any iOS system and have your iPhone connected to iTunes, apple will and can change your BootRoom to a newer version and you will have to wait again.
    BootRoom do not depend on any iOS version so downgrade will not help.
    You can always download an iOS trough iTunes with your iPhone connected but as soon as the download starts you must disconnect your iPhone.

I suggest a better way and stay away from any snooze button in iTunes like upgrade and reset to factory settings.
    You better go to <http://www.iphone-hacks.com> and on a menu to the right you will find iPhone firmware.
    Download not any iOS4.0.2 version, but only for your iPnone model you have and there will be won for 3G and another for 3Gs and so on.
    If yo don`t do these right you will not succeed with your jailbreak/unlock.

I shall not go into the different kind of Jailbreaks and unlock tools because when it comes to BootRoom they will all be the same.
    Ok we pretend that you are now jaibreak and unlocked already(Well almost):

Reload Cydia - Go to Manage and open Sources.
    Push Edit and add <http://repo666.ultrasnOw.com> and Add Source and when it is done install it.
    If you still get up with the urtrasnOw version 1.1-1 delete ultrasnOw from Cydia and download a new version after the same procedure and now you will have a new version.

If your iPhone still can`t take in 3G signals you must download:
    <http://cydia.pushfix.info.repo> the same way you did with ultrasnOw (The O is a zero).
    After that install it and open it and find "Hacktivation Patch" and install that too.
    If your iPhone still doesn't work you have done some of the mentioned mistakes and will have to wait for the next unlock.
    Enjoy your new unlocked iPnone
  6. wargotof

wargotof New Member

Yes that is right it not released yet

Well my friend I saw that great smile of yours but am afraid that the Gentleman Mr. Jordy CDS is right and the unlock is still not yet released and as he mentioned:
    "The next update can be either an ultrsn0w update, or limesn0w is going to be released, who knows".
    The statement is complete correct.
    Even if I have these from what I hold for reliably sources which I am not allowed to give up here, ultrasn0w was already ready for 10 days ago, it is joust that the excuses for the delays comes frequently as always before, and other solutions like limesn0w can be first and perhaps better.
    But if you stay tuned in on these subject the solution is not so far away and if I predict around 30 days you will most likely have your 3G activation unlock.
    Joust be patient
  7. PwnerJohn

PwnerJohn Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    This guy above me...
    Wow.

Not only did Geohot say there will never be a limesn0w, he said bootrom instead of baseband. He's advertising a website also(lazy to check).

Ontopic: yeah... 5.14.02 is not unlockable, for now(or even ever again). Just wait, one should be coming up in a few weeks to never again

Please Register or Log in to view images

8. halolordkiller3

halolordkiller3 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (White)
    there is no such thing as limesn0w. idk why people keep thinking there is.
  9. xX-SicKsKiLZz-Xx

xX-SicKsKiLZz-Xx Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    Limesn0w... I personally think that geohot will release it a day before The Dev Team release there unlock

Sorry, 5.14.02 isn't unlockable yet

10. Timmarus

Timmarus Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    @Wargotof: You're WHOLE information passage is chalkful of false information.

1. It's BOOTROM not BootRoom
    2. The unlock gets patched by the Baseband, not the Bootrom
    3. It's Ultrasn0w, not UltrasnOw
    4. iTunes doesn't MAKE you upgrade, it gives you an option.
    5. Don't advertise a website you're getting false and misleading information from.
    6. You NEED to work on your English grammar.
    7. I'll end it like this, you PHALE