iPhone 3GS 3gs dust under screen

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by beefstrudel, Mar 27, 2010.

1. beefstrudel

beefstrudel Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    I have a 3gs with the old bootrom with dust under the screen and I have an appointment at the apple store today and I'm wondering if they'll just replace the screen because I wanna keep the old bootrom

Please Register or Log in to view images

Of course I can't tell them that. But what can I tell them to keep this phone and get the dust out?
  2. ripply

ripply Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Just say what you told us. Theres dust under my screen and I was wondering if there was a way to clean it without returing my phone because this is my everyday phone.
  3. Tkf1

Tkf1 Community Development Staff Member

Device:
    iPad mini
    They'll just gonna replace the screen. The bootrom won't be affected. And if they can't fix they'll give you a new phone maybe with a new bootrom and 3.1.3.
  4. beefstrudel

beefstrudel Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    They should be able to just replace the screen. Hopefully they can fix the screen being uneven with the bezel too. That'd make my day
  5. denialmark

denialmark New Member

Hello there,

I have recently noticed that, as the title suggests, there is dust trapped under the screen of my 16g 3GS, its becoming increasingly annoying and As my hardware warranty does not run out until june I want to know if this is covered under said warranty?
  6. rmc08

rmc08 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 6
    It's really not worth it, IMO. You can either live with dust under the screen and have T-Mobile, or you can get a new 3GS and move on over to AT&T. I hate to break it to you, but, Apple doesn't fix things most of the time unless they're broken.

Personally, I'd just go to the Apple Store and pickup a new 3GS, and hold off on using it until the new bootrom is released (probably in June/July). Just use a spare phone in the meantime.