Welcome to the iFans Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

iPhone 3GS 3gs boot loop/respring loop?????

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by fabreezai, Dec 29, 2012.

1. fabreezai

fabreezai New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Hello guys-

Been a long while since I posted here, you have always helped me with my ipod and never let me down before. This time I have a problem with my Iphone 3gs. Here's the digs:

3gs
    8gig
    AT&T
    ios 6.0.1
    not jail broken

After upgrading the ios the phone worked fine. The glass/digitizer was cracked (still worked) replaced glass with a new one (I have done before with no problems), powered up, worked fine once, powered down, turned it back on, it's now stuck in a boot loop. Apple logo comes on, connects, Itunes recognizes, after a bit, it disconnects and resprings over and over again. I tried restore mode and dfu mode, says it restored, still stuck in boot loop. only way to turn it off from the loop is to hold the home and power button when it's unpluged from the computer.I have no sim in it.

I want to give the phone to my wife, is it that I have no sim in it? Any advice would be great!

I have searched and searched, tried and tried anything I could find for about 2 weeks but I still have the same problem. Hope you guys can help me out!

Thanks in advance,
    Fab.
  2. deleted account 43

deleted account 43 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    I don't think it's that you don't have a SIM in it, otherwise it would power up normally but wouldn't let you activate it unless you get it unlocked. So as soon as it finishes restoring, it goes right into a boot loop?
  3. ValleyForge

ValleyForge Well-Known Member

Device:
    Nexus 4
    So it restores successfully but then starts bootlooping?
  4. fabreezai

fabreezai New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    That is correct.
  5. fabreezai

fabreezai New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    That is also correct.
  6. fabreezai

fabreezai New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Anyone with any ideas as what to do? I can get it into restore mode and dfu mode but can't get it to come out of the boot loop to the home screen. Computer recognizes it so I don't think it's that far gone. Am I wrong?
  7. Xerox

Xerox Well-Known Member

Device:
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    Can you restore it to iOS 6, then put it in DFU mode, and then download Redsn0w press extras, then even more then prefrences, then boot args and write

in there and press OK. Then press Jailbreak then press just boot. Tell us the last couple of lines before it reboots.
  8. fabreezai

fabreezai New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Thanks for the response, can you explain to me in more detail how to do this, I'm a newbie when it comes to the iPhone. In the meantime I'll down load redsn0w. Do I type "-v" or "-u" hard to tell with the font that is displayed.
  9. ValleyForge

ValleyForge Well-Known Member

Device:
    Nexus 4
    In Extras > Even more > Preferences > Boot args you put "-v" (without the quotes), then go to Extras > Just boot. You could take a picture (with a camera) and post it here, what it says when it reboots.