iOS 3.1 3gs 3.1 jailbreak Q?

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by Db0ne08, Oct 4, 2009.

1. Db0ne08

Db0ne08 New Member

I was wondering if you have a custom 3.1 jailbreak file can you restore a 3gs that is already 3.1? Has anyone tried it?
  2. tag009

tag009 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Wouldn't recommend it...just wait until a better solution for 3.1 3gs jailbreak.

I tried restoring my iPhone 3gs 3.1 with a custom restore file not too long ago. ITunes threw an error code (1604) and wouldn't restore. But my phone stayed in recovery mode. I tried all the methods to get it unstuck but none of them worked...and believe me I've had my fair share of getting an iPhone out of bad situations lol.
    But anyways I had no choice to restore. But when I tried restoring back to original 3.1 iTunes still gave ab error! No matter how many times I tried.

I eventually found the fix.
    You must delete your already downloaded iTunes .ipsw files on your computer. Then restore.

Maybe you will have better luck, worst case you have to restore so sync before you attempt! Good luck!
  3. madsoul

madsoul Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    Damn, and I just bought a new iphone 3gs with 2.1 preinstalled.. :/ I hope there will be a way later on.
  4. dunuck

dunuck Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    you mean 3.1
  5. madsoul

madsoul Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    ah yeah, typo