iPhone 4 3GS 3.1.3 should I update to iOS 4

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by aussigal, Oct 8, 2010.

1. aussigal

aussigal Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    I have 3GS on 3.1.3 jb'd with Jailbreakme (old bootrom I think) and I am looking at updating the iOS to 4.1 or similar so I can enjoy the benefits it offers.

I am a total n00b at this stuff but I did the "make my life easier" thing when I JB'd the iphone though I do not know what that means or how to use blobs etc.

Should I just stick with what I have or is iOS 4.1 so good I should update and if so how do I go about it ?

please and thankyou
  2. link07

link07 Active Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    upgrade!
  3. Hardkaare

Hardkaare New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    I think you should wait til the jailbreak is released before upgrading. (coming out this weakend)

Also 4.1 is not unlockable.
  4. Bubalooshi

Bubalooshi Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    If you're using Ultrasn0w, do not update.
    If you don't know what I'm talking about, go ahead and update.

There will be a jailbreak for 4.1 soon.
    If you don't like it for some reason, you can downgrade since you had Cydia make your life easier.
  5. aussigal

aussigal Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    Being unlockable is not an issue for me as it is already unlocked because I bought it outright. I am in Australia and it is not locked to any carrier.
    So all I do is just download/update next time itunes annoys me by asking the question? Is it ok to update itunes to 10 or whatever the newest one is also?
    I will have to Re-jailbreak my baby then wont I ?, does not really worry me if I have to as its all learning for me, just curious as to what to expect. I will wait until after the weekend when the new exciting JB tool is set to arrive.

Thanks for your thoughts
    32gb 3GS on 3.1.3
    I <3 "Jailbreakme"