iOS 3.1 3GS 3.0 to iOS4?

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by DarthRhyder, Jul 5, 2010.

1. DarthRhyder

DarthRhyder New Member

Hi,

i have a jailbroken 3GS 3.0, and am intending to upgrade to iOS4.

will it be possible? do i have to upgrade to 3.1.3 using spirit?
  2. apple10

apple10 Member

Device:
    iPad 3
    advice: DO NOT. Upgrade to 3.1.2. Then save your SHSH blobs. If you don't care about jailbreaking, go to iOS4. otherwise shift+restore in iTunes to 3.1.2
  3. xxhorseriderxxx

xxhorseriderxxx Banned

Device:
    iPod touch
    @apple, he cannot restore to 3.1.2 if he's never had his SHSH files cashed with Cydia

Your best bet is to create a custom firmware with Sn0wbreeze (windows) or PwnageTool (Mac) and shift + restore in iTunes to restore to a custom 4.0 . I really do hope you have your 3.0 SHSH files though.

As of right now, you need to be previously Jailbroken with any tool other than Spirt to utilize the custom 4.0 firmware.
  4. studangerous

studangerous Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    ^DO NOT DO THIS. Apple are no longer signing 3.1.2 so if you try and upgrade you may run into problems.

Instead do the right thing.

• check which bootorm your device runs using this tool,
    • if you have the 'old' bootorm you can jailbreak iOS4 with the Dev-Team's Pwnage tool but you will need a Mac to do this.
    • if you have the 'old' bootrom you can also go to 3.1.3 by downloading the firmware and shift-restoring in iTunes. You can then jailbreak it using Spirit
    • if yoıu have a 'new' bootrom then it's you won't be able to go to any firmware except iOS4 (as Apple have stoped signing 3.1.2 and 3.1.3) and there is still no jailbreak released for iPOS4 on this type of device, so you'll be best staying at 3.0 until comex releases his all iDevice iOS4 jailbreak.