3G W/3.0 IT 8.2 Redsnow to Jailbrake, Can I omit steps if im already up to 3.0

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ZooMan, Jun 23, 2009.

1. ZooMan

ZooMan New Member

Apr 12, 2009
    All the guides refer to "Jailbreaking your iPhone 2G/3G using Firmware 3.0 & redsn0w for Windows" I'm already upgraded to 3.0 on my 3G do need to use the restore file "iPhone1,2_3.0_7A341_Restore.ipsw" to restore or are there any steps I can omit if im already at 3.0 on my 3g?.

I have a retored 3g running 3.0 with ATT sim , I have Tmobile and have my Tmobile sim also. I need to put in the Tmobile sim before I start ? Will then run Ultrasnow. I know I need to turn 3g off also.
    Thanks Ken
  2. mattym

mattym New Member

Sep 22, 2007
    you still need the ipsw file. redsn0w works a lot like quickpwn did in the past. It uses the ipsw restore file in order to make a hacked device on a device that is already on 3.0.

But yes you will still need the file.
  3. ianoreo

ianoreo Member

Sep 18, 2007
    If I understand this correctly, you want to use your T-Mobile sim in your iPhone 3g that's on 3.0 already? If so do the following:

1. Open PwnageTool to make your custom firmware (you can also you redsn0w if you prefer the simplicity, I use Pwnage)
    2. Select iPhone 3G on the device screen (if you're using Pwnage), and then go through the steps to build the firmware.
    3. Once the firmware has been built, you must put the device in DFU mode, which there are many ways to do, just search.
    4. Once iTunes has discovered the iPhone in recovery, for Mac:Alt/Option click the restore button, and for PC: Shift-Click the restore button and select your Custom Firmware that you have built.
    5. Once this is completed, open up Cydia/Icy and add the ultrasn0w repo (repo666.ultrasn0w.com I believe, although check the home page)
    6. Make sure 3G is disabled, then install the package
    7. Do a full reboot
    8. FINISHED! the iPhone should recognize the sim

Any problems with this just say so, I'm not sure if I explained that perfectly