3g unlocking question (canada)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by pb7280, Oct 28, 2008.

1. pb7280

pb7280 Guest

hello, i was thinking about buying an iphone 3g (as a replacement for my touch), but since i live in canada, im new to unlocking it and stuff. I just wanna know how it works, like say if i wanted an iphone that i could unlock, where could i find one? and what other company has the data plan (like gps ect.) and whats the cheapest way of doing this. and does anybody know when the 32gb iphone is comin out?

thx
  2. jpga13

jpga13 Banned

Device:
    iPad 3
    You need to buy a 1st gen iPhone or wait for 3G to be unlocked.
  3. pb7280

pb7280 Guest

4. JohnyW

JohnyW New Member

That's not an unlock. It's about one step away from an unlock. I would suggest you just do a little research and find out what kind of service you want to switch to and when the unlock finally comes out, then go for it.
  5. pb7280

pb7280 Guest

yes i know i made this post to get prepared
  6. dashwood03

dashwood03 New Member

there is a way to unlock but it is not stable.

u can buy some 3G unlock sim kit. im not sure about the name but u can search on ebay.

it's a hardware unlock. but now u can check on the updates of dev for unlocking 3g software. u can wait if u want.
  7. Blaze_Blaster

Blaze_Blaster Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I'm still confused as to how you get the 3g phone itself... I know rogers is offering a crappy plan with the 3g, that's why you cancel after a month, and keep the phone. BUT after you do this... What can you do with the phone 0.o presumably pop in another rogers sim because the 3g is a gsm phone and only rogers is a gsm carrier, in Canada, therefore screwing the rest of us :|
  8. luminou555

luminou555 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    iPhone 3g

hi i live in canada i have rogers service but the price they want to charge you are to expensive even with Fido. i got myself a iphone 3g and waiting for the devteam to come with that solution..
    Did you know in Canada we paid the most of wireless service..
  9. danielguitar15

danielguitar15 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    you don't have to sign up for the iphone plan...you can keep the one you have if your with rogers/fido and then just get a data plan if you want one