3G -to- WiFi to be online

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by mrnpod, Jun 6, 2008.

1. mrnpod

mrnpod New Member

Hello Boys,
    I am looking for a good Mobile Phone that can share the data connection through WiFi. For what? To be able to use the Touch even if there is no WiFi. Why not iPhone? Because Edge is just tooooooooo slow.
    Thanks in advance!
    Mrn
  2. Teslanaut

Teslanaut Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Why not just get the 3G iPhone when it is released?
  3. Spartigus

Spartigus New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Hey
    Most of the windows based phones have wi-fi i think, so does the ever so popular Nokia N95 (as well as GPS). There is one by HTC (i think is the band) and its a windows based touch screen phone that has both wi-fi and 3G abilities.

I was gonna do a similar thing, but i figured i wouldn't always have my ipod on me, so i got the LG U990 (it was either that or the HTC touchscreen phone) which, is a really great phone. It also has an online modding community, but its not as big as this one. But the interface is flash based, so there is literally no limit to what the themes can look like (in terms of icon/shortcut placement).

Marco
  4. mrnpod

mrnpod New Member

Thanks Marco for the reply!!!
  5. Joe Rossignol

Joe Rossignol Community Manager Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Reported post. Don't advertise in posts.
  6. stabbyjoe12

stabbyjoe12 Member

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
    wtf is that guy on about (no kiks52 the one above)
  7. impreziv

impreziv New Member

i have an HTC touch (also called the Hermes, and most networks give it a name of their own).

it runs Windows mobile 5, and from the factory, on the bundle of software my network supplied/allowed to be delivered pre-installed on the phone was included, a program to broadcast a wifi network from the phone.

it can broadcast the wifi network using any internet connection your phone is capable of connecting to itself (from USB, bluetooth, 3G/gprs/edge, ect). as long as windows mobile considers it a connection, it will broadcast it via wifi.

it eats the batteries at a higher rate than simply connecting to a wifi network.