3G - That important?

Discussion in 'WWDC 2008 discussions' started by flashcus, Jun 15, 2008.

1. flashcus

flashcus New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    First of all i'll say i'm getting a 3g iphone the day after its release (saturday). But, the main reasons i'm getting it are:

-Black Back
    -Headphone Jack
    -GPS
    -Cheaper (although maybe not on PAYG)

To be honest, i don't think 3g is enough to orgasm over. I don't use the internet on my 'touch too often and usually when i'm in town and there's free wifi. Also, on PAYG 3G will cost an arm and a leg and if i were to use it all the time, i'd have to sell myself (no, not male prostitution just my soul to the devil).

And the thing is - that doesn't bother me. I really do not care at all about 3G as in my opinion it is pointless. I know lots of people will disagree with me so either:

-Flame me

Please Register or Log in to view images

or
    -Prove to me where i need 3G

P.S On the UK apple site, i don't know about USA, but it doesn't list an iphone dock in the "What's in the box" section. Does this mean there isn't one included?
  2. The_Judas_Priest

The_Judas_Priest New Member

RE: Topic title

Yes.
  3. Freefall

Freefall New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    this is a bit more in debt than the above post

but you stated
    In a lot of towns including mine, wifi is there but most definitely not free, so really it is worthless, so without the 3G we would either not be able to use internet

or it would be incredibly slow (edge) so really for me it is actually VERY important

So i think your wrong!
  4. flattop95

flattop95 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    who cares about the cost? its a sick phone, with speed when i'm not in wifi,
  5. hakk79

hakk79 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    3G IPHONE! OMG OMFG OMG GOD I NEED IT *ORGASM*

Bah, I am going to wait until they unlock it to buy it. For now, I am saving up for a Xbox-360.
  6. Joe Rossignol

Joe Rossignol Community Manager Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    I disagree with you, I believe 3G networking is an important addition to the iPhone. It will provide faster data speeds, 2.8X faster than EDGE, which is very useful for people who use the mobile browser often. Also, if you're in a crunch/hurry, and you need a webpage to load quick, it's to our advantage.

Plus, it's not all about the 3G capability anyways. That's probably the main aspect, although what you listed above is also what makes the 3G iPhone so anticipating and better than the previous iPhone. GPS tracking, the camera can now support third-party applications, App Store, Enterprise, and so much more. I can't wait

7. flashcus

flashcus New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Ok i agree with that, but how many of us need the mobile browser a lot when away? Ok, you may be bored at an airport but most airports have free wifi anyway, which is faster than 3g

Lol, i don't think those few hurry times justify the need to spend so much on 3G.

I've made my points. I will be getting the 3G iphone the day after its release and if there is a 3G switch, mine will be on "off"
  8. Joe Rossignol

Joe Rossignol Community Manager Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    It depends, everyone is different. Some use their web browser very often, while some do not.
  9. lilblondedude

lilblondedude New Member

You can subscribe to a bolt-on service for 3g with the new iPhone on PAYG 02, can't you?

edit : i think it costs £7.50 a month, and you have to have that much on your PAYG every month to get it.
  10. dualcorex

dualcorex New Member

the only reason im getting it is because of 3g.