3G[s] plan Australia

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Jokimo, Aug 1, 2009.

1. Jokimo

Jokimo Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Hi, not sure if this is the right place to ask, but i hope you guys can help me

Please Register or Log in to view images

I bought an iPhone 3G last week unlocked from Apple store, and now i need a sim card.

I'm only in Australia for 9 more months, so i don't want a 24 or 12 month plan. More a month to month pre paid thing.

I have been looking on Telstra.com.au , vodafone.com.au , optus.com.au and three.com.au

I normally use a good amount of data, just 100 - 200 kb here because i got wifi, then i sms a bit, but ring rarely.

three.com.au seemed to have the right solution. http://www.three.com.au/pricing?mod=MobilePlans&planType=Prepaid%20Caps&planName=$49

Now my questions:

When i press "buy now", is goes to a shopping side were i can choose a sim card. But does the sim card then com with the plan or how does it works? it only charges 3 dollars?

When i'm on the paying site, it says:
    "I have checked my address(es) for 3's network coverage and confirm my address(es) are located in 3's Broadband Zone"

But as far as i can tell from the coverage tool, i'm not even near a brodband zone, only the 3g roaming zone.

Does this means i can't order the sim card??

Thanks!

Please Register or Log in to view images

/Jokimo
  2. Hexane

Hexane New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Well i would have got a telstra pre-paid with 1 cent text.
  3. LeSnak

LeSnak New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    but like $2 vodafone sim then recharge with whatever amount you want.
    They sell the sims everywhere:supermarkets,phone dealers,petrol stations sell the recharges