iOS 4.0 3G nor EDGE can load safari pages

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by BlackBurningIce, Jun 23, 2010.

1. BlackBurningIce

BlackBurningIce New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I updated to iOS 4 yesterday on my 3gs. I haven't jailbroken because i simply can't yet. So yesterday I was able to browse safari and webpages through 3G but i usually am on wifi. Today I wake up and leave the house and try opening google.com in safari while on 3G. I loads for a minute then says it can't be open. Same on edge but takes a while for the message. I tried yahoo.com also and same thing. Wifi still works and i can recieve calls. What is going on? I checked just now (about 6 hours later) and same thing.

Also this is off topic but is there an MC model of the 3gs? because i know those have the new non-pwned bootroms but mine says MB but back on 3.1.2 sn0wbreeze and blackra1n didn't do an untethered jailbreak even when sn0wbreeze said it supports old bootrom 3gs.
  2. b-mac 39

b-mac 39 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    Most 3G models are MC. Mine is. And you can jailbreak now with the latest redsn0w. Just saying.
  3. ZhiZhi778

ZhiZhi778 Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    same here on O2 network - no data services - only wifi+calls =/
    apple already announced a bugfix I guess it'll be 4.0.1...
  4. BlackBurningIce

Device:
    2G iPod touch

Mac only as i saw it gonna try vmware. I'll try see if it works because sn0wbreeze back for 3.1.2 said i have MC but i don't.
  5. b-mac 39

b-mac 39 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    That's because it assumed that, since you had a 3G , that it was MC. Since it's MB, you can jailbreak with redsn0w. The Dev-Team added something that detects whether it's MB or MC, not by device model.
  6. Azza2977

Azza2977 New Member

check settings-general-network-cellular data network, on mine settings changed to default wen updated so went o2 to get correct settings and should work fine i replied to similar message and worked fine for that person to
  7. BlackBurningIce

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Well everything in the cellular data is on and stuff roaming is off (for me always has been i believe) and redsn0w did not work. Checked under about again still says MB. Doing factory restore maybe something will work.
  8. carlos!

carlos! Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    i had the same problem and after a bit of digging around i found a temporary fix:

Temporary Solution but not recommended, do it on ur own risk:
    1. Download iPhone Configuration Utility : http://support.apple.com/kb/DL926

2. Google your Carriers APN settings.

3. Go to Library/Configuration Profiles, Click on "new", go down to advanced, add the APN settings, for example in Malaysia, use Access Point name "maxis" and password, "wap", rest not needed, at least not for Carrier Maxis

4. Connect your iphone, should pop up under "Devices" , go to "configuration profiles tab", chose install, a notification should appear on your phone, choose "install". After install it should work directly.

worked for me, ask any questions
  9. BlackBurningIce

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    just did dfu restore into stock 4.0. Problem solved I believe i can get jailbreaking on my own now.