3G Locked.... 2.2.1....

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Mr X, Apr 5, 2009.

1. Mr X

Mr X New Member

Don't go calling me a noob here right off the bat. I know for a fact that the 2.30.03 baseband cannot be unlocked with yellowsn0w. I was looking for an iPhone a while ago, and found an ad on Kijiji, and I was told it was an UNLOCKED iPhone 3G. So I got my mom (who works in the city where this guy lives) to go pick it up. I told her to have a look at the firmware version, but she is a noob and couldn't figure it out. Now I have an iPhone 3G on my desk, with 2.2.1, BB 2.30.03, locked to Rogers, and I have a Fido SIM. I know there is really no software solution out there, so my question is, which versions/models of rebelsim/turbosim/whatever are confirmed working with the iPhone 3G?
  2. steve19137

steve19137 New Member

NOOB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lol.

i really dont have that much experience with iphones so i think that your kind of stuck. but remember that i dont know much about iphones so im not sure.
  3. Mr X

Mr X New Member

Aha! And you called me a noob!

Please Register or Log in to view images

lol.
    I already know I'm stuck, but I have heard of certain sim-unlocking devices working for the iPhone 3G, so I am looking for ones that people have tried.
  4. pogoyoyo

pogoyoyo Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Well i took a trip over to apple today because i bought a used iphone 8gb 3g for 380$ and it wouldnt read my sim card, apple store replaced my iphone with a brand new one, and turns out it works with ROGERS AND FIDO, so i dont know if my iphone is factory unlocked or whether fido counts as rogers now because rogers owns fido... not sure but if your in canada then u quite possibly might be able to use it with either if my prediction is right and fido/rogers is the same thing.
  5. Mr X

Mr X New Member

Oh they are the same thing alright, but it still doesn't take my fido sim...
  6. pogoyoyo

pogoyoyo Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    what error do u get? no sim card installed?
    if so then the sim card reader might be broken, and apple might replace it with a new one

Please Register or Log in to view images

7. Mr X

Mr X New Member

Nah, I know the SIM reader isn't broken because my grandmother's Rogers SIM works fine. But I refuse to go with Rogers rates, because in the past, they have charged me for things I didn't do, and then expected me to pay anyways, and threatened to wreck my credit score if I didn't.