3g itouch wont downgade

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by barelynotlegal, Sep 2, 2010.

1. barelynotlegal

barelynotlegal New Member

i have a itouch 3rd gen , that was bricked late last night, installed iconalism and 5 rows. well when to re-spring, and just stayed on the apple screen for hours. it had the occasional chirp letting me know it was reconised by my pc. accidentally restored and upidated to 4.0.2 (mc model). i have seen some post and links, i am supposed to put in dmf mode then hit shift and restore, i select
    iPod3,1_3.1.2_7d11_restore, but i get error 1039 every time and am not able to downgrade.

anyone know why?(when i look in settings/info, the fw revision is 4.0.2 8a400
  2. Psoul

Psoul Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    I think your supposed to have shsh blobs saved to downgrade.
  3. barelynotlegal

EDIT:
    i have followed this to a T.(well i think)
    1.opened umbrella, and saved shsh files to cydia.
    2. followed tutorial on youTUBE(i know i hate it but works most of time)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=iv&v=qNOo92BrHH4&annotation_id=annotation_235484

i get the itunes and usb screen but i get a 3002 error. from apple ""Error 3000-3999: (3002, 3004, 3013, 3014, 3164, 3194, and so on) Error codes in the 3000 range generally mean that iTunes cannot contact the gs.apple.com server on ports 80 or 443. This may be because out-of-date or incorrectly configured security or firewall software is interfering, or due to your Internet proxy settings. If you are using a proxy, try without using one or with a known-good network. If that does not resolve the issue, follow iTunes for Windows: Troubleshooting security software issues. Error 3014 may indicate that you need to free up more disk space on the computer before trying to restore again.

Error 3002: If you experience this error while updating an iPod touch (2nd generation) or iPhone 3G, please use the standard update or restore process in iTunes (click Update or Restore).
  4. barelynotlegal

FiXXed, not that anyone cares, but....
    used the advanced options tab,then keep looking for shsh blogs until the lowest one was found. ended up being 3.1.3, wierd though as i was never on that FW